Simplicity To Travel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simplicity To Travel

Simplicity To Travel

20180830_091607.jpg20180830_081039.jpg100_0905.jpg
    F6B fits inside and strapd down to seat rails and side D-Rings

Mpg?

At 67 mph with cruise on the Interstate 3.7 engine you get about 18.5mpg... easy driving in all around 15.5.... push and go about 13.5 to 14.5 all around. Good thing I think is NO trailer to drag around. This van has a 3,000 pound Payload inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    At 67 mph with cruise on the Interstate 3.7 engine you get about 18.5mpg... easy driving in all around 15.5.... push and go about 13.5 to 14.5 all around. Good thing I think is NO trailer to drag around. This van has a 3,000 pound Payload inside.
    Interesting. Might be a retirement pickup. I pull my Kendon behind my Tundra, which doesn't get quite that mileage, but is probably a little more useful for hauling people when the trailer is detached. I like that the B is inside, and a hammock is definitely better than the Super 8 in Cortez last week...

Plus you can store the bench seats and simply snap them back in place when not using the bike. You have to get the med hi or hi roof version, the standard version will not allow a decent windshield or your head to ride inside.

I have a new gen. '16 Tacoma, 3.5, auto, 4x4. Towed my B & my G/F's Scout (right @ 2,000#), over 2600 miles, between 12.5 & 14.8 mpg. Nothing to brag on, Toyotas are not know for good mpg, my Tacoma gets 22.3-23.8 empty bed running around local. I understand it's the Toyota tranny 5 & 6 spd just don't get the mpg the other brands get.
    My '06, V6 4.0 Tundra 5 spd auto, 4x2, got about the same towing mpg as my new one.

I have always had pickups with toppers becuase I had a small construction company when working. I wish I had this van then.. I prefer over a pickup. This is a Transit T-150... Short wheelbase. Medium roof passenger wagon with rear seats removed. Has front and rear A/C and separate front and rear heat. I am 5'7" and stand flatfooted inside with no issues. When camping, no more tents. Different place to visit every day when out and about with clean, dry clothes inside. I have 2 hammocks set up... so need 35--45 year old thin female, no cats, no kids, no dogs, her own money and job.

I have always had pickups with toppers becuase I had a small construction company when working. I wish I had this van then.. I prefer over a pickup. This is a Transit T-150... Short wheelbase. Medium roof passenger wagon with rear seats removed. Has front and rear A/C and separate front and rear heat. I am 5'7" and stand flatfooted inside with no issues. When camping, no more tents. Different place to visit every day when out and about with clean, dry clothes inside. I have 2 hammocks set up... so need 35--45 year old thin female, no cats, no kids, no dogs, her own money and job.
    Good luck with that...

Felloverboard, thanks for showing us your setup. Brilliant idea. Does it get stuffy sleeping at nights? Can you run heat or AC at night?

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

20180830_091607.jpg20180830_081039.jpg100_0905.jpg
    F6B fits inside and strapd down to seat rails and side D-Rings
    I have always liked the versatility of vans. The only issue for me, and it is a big one, is the lack of ground clearance and four wheel drive. I own a snowmobile camp in snow country in northern NY, and even though my road gets plowed, the snowpack layers up and builds up to a base of up to three feet by the end of February. If it gets above 28 F or so, with sun, you are not getting in and out of there without four wheel drive and 8" minimum ground clearance.

So far, the best vehicle for that, towing light trailers, and getting decent gas mileage has been my Subaru Forester.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6