Simplicity To Travel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simplicity To Travel

A Ford Transit is definately a on hard road vehicle. As far as comfort as I said, I use a material that is used on wedding dresses that veils are made from. Bought at a Claires material store. a 5 x 7 piece was $5, and some H_Fr magnets for $1 in warm weather over an open door if not raining. When cold I drive south..... Since I have the passenger wagon I do have front and rear heat but do not run at night except for a few time I got up to turn on for 5 minutes. The Passenger version has the side and ceiling panels which I think help to hold the heat and cool better. This is a work in progress but an economical way to still keep the van easily converted back to OEM to reinstall the seats. I use one of the sleeping hammocks to put things in above the other items. You can put a lot of things in a hammock. If I do choose to later do a better more permanet conversion it is good to known I still have the trailer hitch which can tow 5800lb, the inside payload of 3000lb or the combined of 10,800lb gross. Gives me a lot of options.... Now what 35--45 yr old thin female would not want to share in this. Send pics

I know at one time there was a company that was doing conversions on Ford vans making them four wheel drive.
    My neighbor had one . I will tell you it was a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I know at one time there was a company that was doing conversions on Ford vans making them four wheel drive.
    My neighbor had one . I will tell you it was a beast.
    There are several companies out there that do the conversions, but I think Quigley is the most popular:

http://www.quigley4x4.com
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Mercedes Sprinter can be ordered as a 4x4; it’s an $8,000 option.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!