2019 Goldwing

Thread: 2019 Goldwing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I think you are spot on, mate.
    The migration of loyalty from a company to oneself and one's abilities can also be tied to having a personal 401k rather than a corporate pension.
    Times be a changin' - again!
    Steve
    Steve, that is a great point that I had not considered as a factor in the diminishing loyalty of newer generations. Greed, in one form or another, observed in their upbringing in the 80s and 90s, landed their thinking in a different spot than yours and mine.

Another point is the diverse economy we live in - you are right - it is more about what YOU do and what YOU bring to the team and how much you value yourself that drives behavior among the younger people. Please do not misinterpret - this is no necessarily selfishness, rather learned norms and survival tactics in how this world does business in 2018.

One more point about the economy that will probably hurt motorcycling - it is a sharing economy - from transportation, to boating, to workspaces - companies like Uber, and Boat Club USA, and We Work all make it so you do not have to invest a disproportional amount of your income to things that get limited use or offer limited value. Tie up $30 grand on a motorcycle that sits in my garage at least 1/3 of the year? It does seem foolish, doesn't it...
    Last edited by VStarRider; 09-08-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6