F6B vs CTX 1300 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F6B vs CTX 1300

I have a 1300R VTX and a 30" inseam. The F6B felt just as good as my 1300R. I was amazed how the low center of gravity on the F6B felt so comfortable. I would not have a problem getting the F6B but my 1300R is so comfortable and paid for.

people have pretty well summed it up. I can only add that I have had a vtx 1300 r, an st1300 a goldwing 1800 and now the f6b. the f6b is the best combination of all of these in my opinion. I use it for around town and shorter trips. will admit I miss the reverse on the f6b. however, the comfort and fun make it a bearable situation. you just have to decide for yourself what will best meet your needs. Good luck. Nice decision to have to make! Have a very blessed Christmas! ncf6b

ny ims

I went to the NY IMS yesterday with the goal of resolving my upcoming purchase decision. For this year I was planning on upgrading my 94 Connie and I had it down to the F6B or an new Red FJR. I am 59 yrs 5'10 and 220. Loved the FJR but concerned that the seating position would soon be an issue. I know I could get risers etc but dont think it would completely cure my uncomfortable feeling in my neck. I went over to the Honda display on the way to the F6B and got distracted by the CTX1300. I did not think it was ugly, thought it was pretty sharp looking. I sat on it and it felt really comfortable. I actually went back 5 times on sat on each of the two 1300's they had on display. I'd love to ride one but I think I still have a choice but now its between the two Hondas. I sat on the F6B and I was not as flat footed but I think its the width of the stock saddle as Opas said in an earlier post

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    I'm five foot four inches and have a 30" inseam. I am "this close" to flat-footing it. In my icon riding boots with 3/4" heels I flat foot it.

I DID trim the foam off the inner thigh contact area the minute I got it home, and it did make a difference, although not that much. Quick job with staple removers and needle-nose pliers.

It's no big deal to get used to the seat height--and the spread of it (e.g. the "twist" in saddle maker's terms) after a few rides.

I don't know about the CTX, but I sure love the F6B.
    "If it moves, paint it."