can anyone in Florida confirm this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can anyone in Florida confirm this

can anyone in Florida confirm this

They are just NorthEast of Tampa.

Since the link seems to be missing some verbiage - for whatever reason - what specifically were you looking at?

Maybe someone down there in the Panhandle can corroborate.
    I'm up in NWFL by Mobile, but next time I go that way, I'll check it out if you let me know what you are looking for.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by 53driver; 09-08-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Isn't JustWings Goldwing Greg ?? He is a main go to guy on the GL 1800 site... very reputable. He specializes in rebuilding transmissions on all years of GL1800's. On the site he is known as being overspecific and particular... very detailed.
    Last edited by Felloverboard; 09-08-2018 at 08:28 PM.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I did get to that Link, my large friend, but the OP is indicating that something is unusually inexpensive.
    Those "dashes" in his URL were forum generated.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Any recommendations for a good service shop near Orlando or the Space Coast of Florida other than the dealer?

I read the site as $95 for an air filter change, but I don't think that it the case. It maybe that the $95 is for the air filer itself?
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    I read the site as $95 for an air filter change, but I don't think that it the case. It maybe that the $95 is for the air filer itself?
    I bought a new OEM Air Filter from the dealer for $18.00 and installed it myself when I had my bike tore down for a repaint... GoldwingGreg's prices are correct.

I found it weird for the interference charges, not sure why fog lights add an up charge. Or why floorboards are $300? heel toe shifters add floorboards, is that really that much additional? But overall their prices are great compared to my place which wanted $450 for an 8000 service and 650 for a 12000

All interference charges do not apply... only those that have to be dismantled and re-installed to get the job done. For example if he is doing a oil & filter change and he has to take time to remove your belly pan first he will charge for belly pan removal and reinstall. Of course some pans only require the small front section to be taken off, but some the whole thing. His prices are from a stock standpoint.. A dealer would do the same thing. If a house builder has a price for clearing a lot to build a new home... He will adjust his price according to how many trees have to be removed or how much fill has to be brought in.... I repainted my colored parts on my F6B 2 years ago. It takes a good 8 hours to dismantle and bag/mark the 180 fasteners and 30 some parts to be painted not including the 20 some unpainted parts that have to be taken off with it. Then to the painter... then 8 hours to reinstall. A dealer wants $1,000 to dismantle and reinstall and most will not even do it. To put extra obstacles in the way of any procedure is extra time and money. Rear Teardown1.jpgRear Teardown2.jpg429.JPG100_0429.jpgS-2.jpg
    Last edited by Felloverboard; 09-12-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: more info