dropping the bike

Thread: dropping the bike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dropped my baby for the first time today. Lazy shift on my part. Came out of gear as I accelerated and leaned into a turn leaving my house. Fortunately my son was home and helped me pick it up. I’m pretty sure I could have picked it up on my own with the rush of adrenaline and embarrassment. My neighbors drove by and had a good laugh. They did not help, but had a good laugh. First time with the “B”, and about 15 years since my last drop. Luckily no damage to the bike, just to my ego. (I did use the Velcro strap over the brake, and it went up easy).

Well,I'm not happy to hear that I'm not the only one but thought I was. I had already seen the videos on how to lift it but find that with RA affecting my elbows I still cannot pick it up alone. Pretty embarrassing for sure. Checked out the jack above and since most of my miles are solo may have to look into that. A little pricey but probably worth it ..I've had to let mine fall about three times in 5 years - one sand unexpected stop foot slipped ,one gravel again unexpected and this last time downslope panic stop and down she went ARRGGGHH !. thinking I may be getting too old to ride but not about to give it up. A jack might be the answer ! Thanx for the tip !