dropping the bike - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dropping the bike

I thought i had the kick stand down when i was backing out of the garage and leaned it left to get off but it went slowly down thank god for crash bars had all i could do too pick it up man heavy bike lessen learned always look down on left side

I dropped mine several times. Always in front of others, total embarrassment.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Parking lot, front wheel cranked for sharp turn, grabbed a handful of front brake and down she went in very slow motion. No damage except my ego.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I tested my crash bars in my work parking lot. I like to back out of the parking space, then take off while leaning hard left. This does not work well when you leave the bike in neutral. Amazingly, nobody claimed to have seen it.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I am very clumsy in slow creeping turns and parking lots. Have come close a few times but no dropsy yet.
    Have to make 3 point turns to get out of my garage. Floor is too rough for a cart of any kind.
    Suppose its only a matter of time.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Dropped my baby for the first time today. Lazy shift on my part. Came out of gear as I accelerated and leaned into a turn leaving my house. Fortunately my son was home and helped me pick it up. I’m pretty sure I could have picked it up on my own with the rush of adrenaline and embarrassment. My neighbors drove by and had a good laugh. They did not help, but had a good laugh. First time with the “B”, and about 15 years since my last drop. Luckily no damage to the bike, just to my ego. (I did use the Velcro strap over the brake, and it went up easy).

Well,I'm not happy to hear that I'm not the only one but thought I was. I had already seen the videos on how to lift it but find that with RA affecting my elbows I still cannot pick it up alone. Pretty embarrassing for sure. Checked out the jack above and since most of my miles are solo may have to look into that. A little pricey but probably worth it ..I've had to let mine fall about three times in 5 years - one sand unexpected stop foot slipped ,one gravel again unexpected and this last time downslope panic stop and down she went ARRGGGHH !. thinking I may be getting too old to ride but not about to give it up. A jack might be the answer ! Thanx for the tip !

Quote Originally Posted by xgringo View Post
    Get a Motobike jack. The inventor is a Harley guy but it's as though he invented it for the f6b. Just place that hook on the rear tip over bar and in maybe ten cranks and she is up.

I can easily lift the b on level ground, but I had an experience where she went down on an incline in soft dirt. Thanks to the Harley rider who saw me behind the trees on the roadside. Thanks again Phil!!

Thanks to the Jap love of side opening cases I carry two, one in each case at all times.

http://www.motobikejack.com/video.html
    Kind of steep at $216.00 plus S&H...................

The trouble is the bike when on a side stand is too straight up
    It has no lean
    If you lean on it when on its side stand the bike will fall over
    Happened to me a few times when I was polishing it
    Simple Fix
    Get a washer or two and put them on the bottom? I think under your side stand mount
    That way it will lean further and not a problem
    Also great when the road has a camber and you park the bike
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

Quote Originally Posted by TerryDavid View Post
    The trouble is the bike when on a side stand is too straight up
    It has no lean
    If you lean on it when on its side stand the bike will fall over
    Happened to me a few times when I was polishing it
    Simple Fix
    Get a washer or two and put them on the bottom? I think under your side stand mount
    That way it will lean further and not a problem
    Also great when the road has a camber and you park the bike
    How would adding washers anywhere on the sidestand make it lean more, not less?