Clearwater Darlas in Cowl .... ?

Thread: Clearwater Darlas in Cowl .... ?

Clearwater Darlas in Cowl .... ?

I really like Clearwater Darla LEDs ... and would like to know if anyone has mounted them in the cowl area where the fog light cut outs are located.

I have a set of Darlas mounted below the mirrors and I like them. They throw out a lot of light way down the road. I think that there would be very little benefit in mounting them in the lower cowl because they would be to low to be effective. They would make you more visible but they would not light up the road.

Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I have a set of Darlas mounted below the mirrors and I like them. They throw out a lot of light way down the road. I think that there would be very little benefit in mounting them in the lower cowl because they would be to low to be effective. They would make you more visible but they would not light up the road.

Az Wingrider
    I appreciate that. But, I don't ride at night ... and, am only interested in the daytime visibility offered by the high powered LEDs. I typically use the amber covers to offer a "different" image for oncoming traffic.

Clearwater Darlas come with rheostat that allow you to adjust their brightness. Even with the rheostat turned all the way down they will definitely get the attention of anyone coming your way. If visibility is what you are after I think you will get it.

Good luck
    Az Wingrider

Mounted my Darla's under the headlights using the PIAA Goldwing Sport Touring Brackets (Part No. 74008). The brackets had to be modified slightly for the Darla's but mounted to the F6B perfectly.

Darla01.jpg Darla02.jpg

Interesting mounting points ... and, very nice. BTW, what fogs do you have there?

Those are the EC Six Shooters. Incredibly bright lights.

Check CREE LED on ebay….make sure it's CREE. They're quality, tough, weather proof, bright, all sorts of sizes, shapes & styles, fog or spot and you'll save a bunch of money. I've had them on 3 different bikes, they're great. 2pair on my V-Strom.

Cool place to mount a nose camera.
    ITS ALL GOOD