Dunlop E4 Mileage Test Results

Thread: Dunlop E4 Mileage Test Results

Dunlop E4 Mileage Test Results

20,991 Miles

The front has quite a few more miles left in it and the rear is not quite down to the wear bars but I am concluding my test.

Over the 115,000 miles logged on my 2 F6B's I averaged 17,000 miles per set on 5 sets of OE Bridgestones, so I would say the E4 is a longer wearing tire. Unfortunately the trade off is available traction.
    There were several times on damp pavement were I would roll on the throttle and the back end would break loose with the E4, very seldom with the Bridgestones. I also, over the course of 21,000 miles, had to make a couple quick stops (again on wet pavement) and the E4's allowed the brakes to lock up...never with the Bridgestones. We don't have many tar snakes in Florida but when travelling out west the E4 was pretty squirrely as compared to the Bridgestones.

The Bridgestones are also a good deal right now with the $60 rebate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1951vbs; 09-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Your milage is pretty impressive. I have only been able to get around 8500 out of OE Stones and around 10k out of the E4s. My traction experience was also the same. I could break them loose while pulling out onto a road and twisting the throttle too hard and wet roads were even worse. They would also chase a tar snake off of the road if you weren't careful. I went back to the Stones a few weeks back and will likely stay with them going forward.

What tire pressures are you running front and back?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    What tire pressures are you running front and back?
    I run 40/40 and have with every set. Check pressure weekly.

I am not sure why I get such good life out of the tires. 90% of my riding is freeway at 80-85 mph in Florida temps. I would think the heat would be hard on tires.