Bluetooth Choices?? HELP!

Thread: Bluetooth Choices?? HELP!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well got it narrowed down to the XM radio kit or the Bluetooth transmitter. Pros and Cons. Have a feeling I will trying both

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    Well got it narrowed down to the XM radio kit or the Bluetooth transmitter. Pros and Cons. Have a feeling I will trying both
    The problem with the XM kits is they take up the entire cubby if you don't hard wire them. It's a lot to keep up with. If you are willing to spend the money, get a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS. I found one on ebay, and it solved all of these issues. It is gps, sirius/xm, bluetooth, stores music you can play, can answer phone calls, etc. I use mine primarily with a bluetooth helmet. I wanted xm and this was a compact, easy to use/store/remove answer for me, allowing gps, xm, music/audio books, and bluetooth in one unit. I ran the sirius antenna to under my luggage rack, and the wire is totally hidden. The mount is on a ram ball, and so far it works great. The zumo even has weather capabilities and warnings if rain is near and weather radar, which is pretty awesome if you ever need to dodge the rain. They were selling these as the solution on Harleys before they integrated the gps into the bikes. I believe this unit is discontinued, but I can't figure out why. It's a great little system for a bike that doesn't have all the above integrated. It was a little pricey (around $450-500 used), but far less than the $28,000 to get the new gold wing with all the goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    You might want to add an adapter the goes from 5 pin din to 3.5, this then will plug from your headset jack to
    Bluetooth transmitter. Going this way you have access to all sources of sound that your bike offers.