Bluetooth Choices?? HELP!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Choices?? HELP!

Bluetooth Choices?? HELP!

I really hate using the aux cord in the cubby to play music from my phone and want to Bluetooth it either through the USB in the saddlebag or through the cubby. I already ordered the TPCROMEER USB from comments on another post but after searching YouTube found this MPOW Wireless Bluetooth 3.5mm Car Aux Audio Stereo Music Receiver Adapter/Mic US that seems would work well also, although the whole video was in Spanish and Yo no hablo mucho.

Looking for opinions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlgzUB5VQXs
    Last edited by Big TP; 09-15-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    I really hate using the aux cord in the cubby to play music from my phone and want to Bluetooth it either through the USB in the saddlebag or through the cubby. I already ordered the TPCROMEER USB from comments on another post but after searching YouTube found this MPOW Wireless Bluetooth 3.5mm Car Aux Audio Stereo Music Receiver Adapter/Mic US that seems would work well also, although the whole video was in Spanish and Yo no hablo mucho.

Looking for opinions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlgzUB5VQXs
    I can tell you what I use.

1 adapter from headset jack 5 pin den to 3.5
    2 Sena SM 10
    3 Sena 20s headset.
    What this setup let's you do,
    Plug headset jack into Sena sm10 and you can receive and make phone calls ,listen to any source
    of sound from bike.
    I have XM radio plugged into cubby and thumb drive in saddle bag.
    Also have Zumo GPS talking when directions come from Zumo.

XM Radio... hmmmm... a thought. Love it in my cars. How do I go about that?

Want to try the Bluetooth options first so not to get too involved other than just using Pandora. Lot of mixed reviews as to quality and reliability. Guess for $9 it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    XM Radio... hmmmm... a thought. Love it in my cars. How do I go about that?
    Lots of options. The easiest is to trade in your bike for a new Wing, which has XM integrated into the stereo system. Beyond that, you can get XM through a Garmin 660 GPS, but that is an expensive unit. You can also get the SiriusXM app on your Smartphone and plug it into your saddlebag USB for stereo sound, or through the 3.5 aux jack, which is mono. There are other options to install a Bluetooth receiver to stream anything through your phone to your bike's sound system. The BT receiver connects to the 3.5 mm aux jack and your phone streams through that receiver.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Here is the auto bluetooth device I installed that works great! I installed the The TaoTronics Bluetooth Car Kit under the cubby and a USB plug for power. I'm using it for my GPS, but it would work just as well for a phone. The unit turns on when I power on the bike and immediately connects to my GPS.

screenshot_01.png

This unit was posted over on a Goldwing Facebook page as a reliable solution. Supposedly the same unit as a JL Audio unit. YMMV.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...85&oe=5C377C19

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7d&oe=5C1DBB64

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...er-MBT-RX.html
    Last edited by F6Pilot; 09-15-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Love my XM on my bike, had an old delphi skyfye unit in parts bin, just reactivated it, got a car dock with antenna and mounted it on a heavy duty Ram Mount connected to an electrical connection mount on left clutch side. Ran power from cubby, plugged dock into 3.5 MM connection, and ran Antenna wire under skins to back of bike in around 1 hour. Place radio in AUX and there you go. Radio control works for sound only not station changing. Will never go back to radio except for weather reports.

Good options! May go with simplest first and give it a try. Although hiding the XM radio leaves a nice clean look instead of a cell phone mounted on a Ram mount. I assume Car radio shops or Best Buy can sell and install the XM?

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Lots of options. The easiest is to trade in your bike for a new Wing, which has XM integrated into the stereo system. Beyond that, you can get XM through a Garmin 660 GPS, but that is an expensive unit. You can also get the SiriusXM app on your Smartphone and plug it into your saddlebag USB for stereo sound, or through the 3.5 aux jack, which is mono. There are other options to install a Bluetooth receiver to stream anything through your phone to your bike's sound system. The BT receiver connects to the 3.5 mm aux jack and your phone streams through that receiver.
    What makes you think the 3.5 is mono?
    I beg to differ.