Bluetooth Choices?? HELP! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Choices?? HELP!

How can I protect theft of a XM radio in the left side cubby? The antenna is a dead givaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    How can I protect theft of a XM radio in the left side cubby? The antenna is a dead givaway.
    That was part of my problem. There is so much wire, then you have to unplug it all, store it, pull it all back out, reconnect it all, or I guess just leave it in there and gamble. It worked ok, but was a giant PITA. The zumo makes it easy. Just click it off of the mount and put it in the side bag, in it's zippered case, or just carry it in with you. Again, it was a litte pricey, but really gave me enough "technology and gadgets" to keep me from spending crazy money on a bike with it all integrated. At some point I would like to have all of that integrated into a bike (NEW Goldwing DCT), but I enjoy the F6B so much, this was a great solution for me. I'm really surprised there aren't more gps options with sirius xm built in, but I guess it's because the bike manufacturers built it all into the bikes in recent years.

I use the MPow and it works really well. I figured for 15 bucks it was worth trying. No issues with it at all
    15 dollars well spent

Yep, I think I will shelf the XM radio idea for now. Seems like too much to deal with.
    Wondering if the little bit of choppyness is caused by it being in the saddle bag vs the cubby onto the aux cable. Closer proximity or less interference?
    Maybe you made a better choice there sir22. Thanks all who opined

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    What makes you think the 3.5 is mono?
    I beg to differ.
    I read that somewhere here on this forum, as a disadvantage to using that over the USB in the bag. I assumed the poster knew what they were talking about.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

FWIW, just my 2 cents worth, it takes less than a minute to pull the XM radio head and store it in the locked center console or the saddlebag, The quick disconnects the 3.5 plug, power cord and antenna and you are done. If you want to take the dock off the Ram mount add another 15 seconds. I got about $25 in my ram mount. Now if money is no object and you want to spend big bucks on a TPS/XM/GPS system go for it. I have a small used GPS unit mounted as well. Whenever I stop I always pull them off and store them under lock, easy peasy. I got less than $50 bucks in my two systems, its your choice.

I see your points but for me it's not about cost but about convenience and personally I like simplicity. Less is better for me. Just another thing to think about. Now of course it definitely had it's advantages and performance is better than Bluetooth-ing music through a phone, but I guess it's about reaching a point of satisfaction. Never say never

Copy, for me just wanted to have more choices over the FM/AM system with its limited antenna range. I used a phone for a while, but it comes with its own challenges etc. For me the XM is really great during longer rides as well and I like my systems, they are cheap, functional get the job done, but understand to each there own.

Kevin, What model XM radio do you have?