Bluetooth Choices?? HELP! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bluetooth Choices?? HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    FWIW, just my 2 cents worth, it takes less than a minute to pull the XM radio head and store it in the locked center console or the saddlebag, The quick disconnects the 3.5 plug, power cord and antenna and you are done. If you want to take the dock off the Ram mount add another 15 seconds. I got about $25 in my ram mount. Now if money is no object and you want to spend big bucks on a TPS/XM/GPS system go for it. I have a small used GPS unit mounted as well. Whenever I stop I always pull them off and store them under lock, easy peasy. I got less than $50 bucks in my two systems, its your choice.
    Is your antenna hard wired or installed? When I used the portable unit I did not run the antenna anywhere, just mounted on the dash with some velcro and would pull it off for overnight stops. That's why I had all the wire to contend with. Plus the unit with the power cord plugged in ate up the entire cubby space, not a bad thing, just not ideal. Then I needed a seperate gps to pull off each stop. I would have kept doing that, but after researching I found the zumo was a better option for me, much simpler and faster, with a single unit that offered everything I wanted. I would still love to jave all that integrated into the bike, just not for the money it would take (right now) and not ready to give up the f6b yet. I like the weather and radar as well.

I mounted a heavy Ram mount on an electrical connection mount on the clutch side. Using a XM cradle which is powered by a plug in from cubbie. 3.5 MM connection and power connection to cradle. Antenna plugged into cradle and ram through the skins to back behind passenger backrest. Antenna works good and is hidden. I can detach the actual XM head from base for storage or when weather gets bad. Can detach XM mount is less than 30 seconds to store it as well. The main reason I like this set up is that I can take my XM head off it and move it to my 3 other vehicles which have XM mounts. I am cheap and do not want to have 3 XM subscriptions to pay for each month!

For those that were worried about the XM radio getting stolen , all you do is
    unplug the radio from it's cradle . all wiring stays put.
    Also antenna goes under fairing out of site.
    The reception is fine. This is where all bike manufacturers place it.

Thanks shortleg! I was a little longwinded!

Update... Well so far so good. The Bluetooth gizmo seems to do the job streaming music from the phone. Plus I discovered a much better app than Pandora.. Called JANGO. Much faster, no ads, no buffering, unlimited skips!! XM radio on hold for now.