Check Engine light

Thread: Check Engine light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have the same issue. Thing drys out, light goes out. Dealer gave me some nonsense about 'if it happens again....'. Hell, it happens EVERY time I ride in any decent rain. You'd think that a "touring" bike would be able to "tour" in all weather without bitching.

Oh, and when that goes on, putting my kickstand down shuts the bike off whether I'm in neutral or not. I look at the moron dealer: "think they're related?" Response: Ummmmmm.

They pull the code from the computer but it doesn't seem to tell them anything. Sounds like Honda has the same problems with error codes that Microsoft has.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    I have the same issue. Thing drys out, light goes out. Dealer gave me some nonsense about 'if it happens again....'. Hell, it happens EVERY time I ride in any decent rain. You'd think that a "touring" bike would be able to "tour" in all weather without bitching.

Oh, and when that goes on, putting my kickstand down shuts the bike off whether I'm in neutral or not. I look at the moron dealer: "think they're related?" Response: Ummmmmm.

They pull the code from the computer but it doesn't seem to tell them anything. Sounds like Honda has the same problems with error codes that Microsoft has.
    Draxsr,
    My 2016 Deluxe did this to me twice coming home yesterday in the rain. Deploying my sidestand with bike in neutral and engine light on killed mine also. Did you or the dealer find a solution yet?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964