Anybody Close By...?

Thread: Anybody Close By...?

Anybody Close By...?

I would like to meet somebody close buy to look over an f6b in person and ask a few questions. I live near Manhattan Kansas and the closest honest dealer is in Lincoln Nebraska (Rod's Power Sports), about two hours away... that is where I have gotten my ST1300 serviced the St1100 before that. Tried the other closer dealers but all seem to be a pretty shifty bunch. (One tried to sell me a new ten year old tire for the front of my ST said he had only had it in stock 6 months..... I always read the date code...and he was busted)....Rod does not have any F6b's and does not plan to get any unless you buy one and he will special order one. (He does service a lot of Geldings) He took is allotment in 2013 finally sold them after a year and a half and says he is done with them. No dealer in the area has either a new or used f6b in stock. Thanks to all of you on this forum and additional research I think I want the 2015 or 2016 with the cruise. So if any of you live near and would be willing to spend some time with a new bee let me know....thanks Randy

Nice to see a new member, If you don't get anyone close to talk, ask away on this forum. We all will be able to add to your knowledge base, this is a great site for discussion and to pass on knowledge on the best bike you could ever want to ride.

New - Used? Tell us about it, this bunch knows about all there is to know about the B

Thanks for the welcome....I am looking for a 2015 or 16 Deluxe. I want the cruise and the upgrades that came about in 2015. As with most things there is a tradeoff...I will miss my electric windshield but will gain a stereo which will be nice on long trips. I mainly want to see an f6b in person to look over the accessories and have someone point out the good and the bad and give a few pointers. I like the Masstad windshield...looks and functions a lot like my ST windshield I am guessing. Want some opinions on seats...Corbins seem good on most bikes and I have one on my ST...are they good for the F6b as well? And want to learn about the farkles that work the best.... I will have a 2008 ST 1300 for sale with 44,000 miles....full service records since new...with about $3000 worth of upgrades...just got back from a 1800 mile 4 day ride in Arkansas...love those crooked roads. It was a guy trip but wife is hinting...."I am retired now you know....." Happy wife happy life...we all know the drill....thanks Randy

Randy - did you read my "collected gouge" epistle?
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ted-8-Jun-2017

That's a decent starting point.

Settle on the seat first. I have a Corbin, but the only reason I don't have a Russel Day Long is because I REALLY like that Corbin Smuggler trunk.
    M@dSt@d windshield is amazing, but does require fitment based on seat choice/height.
    As far as other farkles? Like GPS, phone RAM mount, Heli-bars, radar detector, CB, bluetooth sound to helmet - these are a lot of personal preference items.
    I prefer the clean lines of an analog cockpit.

It's too bad you couldn't break away to either rally this year - lots of great people and lots of cool bike setups.
    We have lots of members in the DFW area, a few in Missouri, but I do not know anyone from KS.
    Colorado is right next door......there's more than a few there.
    Should you travel for business, let us know your plans, maybe someone can break free.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Like 53driver, I too have the Corbin Smuggler, I've always found the Corbin seats too hard for my butt. I had Russell Day Long make the seat, using Corbin's pan & back rest, to fit me, love it, love it! Note: After talking to Jay @ RDL, I ground about 2/3 -3/4 of the thickness off the Corbin pan, which lowered me about 1/2"- 3/4". Corbin builds their pans thick.
    For comfort, I would suggest the RDL (on the Honda pan) & Heli-Bars will be the best money you'll spend on your B..... I have a "Wind Bender" windshield, it works great for me. I find my adjustable Kury foot pegs work good. RAM mounts are great...….. Bottom line, it's all your personal taste & what you need to "make it yours." You won't regret buying a B. They're a 800# sport bike.

Our member bgd8rd hails from Kansas City - maybe y'all should PM each other and arrange a ride to eat!