Looking for a Trailer for my F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Trailer for my F6B

Looking for a Trailer for my F6B

I sold my enclosed trailer that I use at my Golf Shop. I had it setup for work and my F6B fit as well. I am now looking for an open trailer to haul my F6B. The Aluma trailer looks like the best. I was also looking at the Kendon folding trailer. What is everybody using?

I do not personally own one but borrowed a friends Aluma a couple of times. Absolutely awesome trailer that fit the F6 and pulled like it wasn't there. If I found myself in the market I would locate an Aluma.

Been looking at the ramp free drop types up in Paw Paw, Michigan he makes several types, You can google it. Price is not bad as well.

I use a 12' flat bed, dove tail, landscaping trailer. Install a bunch of D rings (AMAZON), & 2 front wheel chocks (AMAZON), they're EZ off / on. Hauled my B & my G/F's Scout 2600 miles, no issues. Got under $1500 in it & can use it to haul all sorts of stuff. Hauled a load of river rock last week...….

Quote Originally Posted by JBM Golf View Post
    I sold my enclosed trailer that I use at my Golf Shop. I had it setup for work and my F6B fit as well. I am now looking for an open trailer to haul my F6B. The Aluma trailer looks like the best. I was also looking at the Kendon folding trailer. What is everybody using?
    I use a Drop Tail, works great and can easily haul two full dress bikes. Folds up when not in use...

I have an '09 Kendon, which I retrofitted with the new tail section that they added for the '14 model year. Without that change, it was always a bit sketchy loading my FJR, and honestly, I didn't try loading the B with the old single ramp. With the change, it's a simple drive up, with no assistance needed. I like the Kendon because I live in a neighborhood where trailers can't be stored in plain sight, and this trailer takes up little space when stood up.

And yes, you can see your old seat in the third picture. It really enjoyed Cortez last month!

With the ramp down on the dove tail trailer, there's very little chance of bottoming out when riding on, as long as you're fairly level ground. Truck wheels in a low spot makes for a little less angle.
    Going up the ramp seems to bother some people. The first time is the worst, after that it's EZ. Helmet on. Start straight & get up enough steam to get you, up the ramp & onto the flat part of the bed, done deal. I'm 76yo & do it, I know you can. "Back in the day" we would ride our dirt bikes up a 2x10 into a 3/4T. P/U truck bed.

I paid too much for mine to be hauling it in the open. I did it with other bikes in the rain and what mess.
    I could hear my tires kicking up stones and hitting the trailer.
    My v nose doubles as a camper when the bikes not in there (5x8) weights the same as the bike. 1700 total.
    I pull it with a v6 Toyota.
    JUST MY 2 cents worth.
    ITS ALL GOOD

How much did it cost you to upgrade to the new style tail section on your Kendon trailer? I have the exact same trailer and would like to do the same thing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by valkhound View Post
    How much did it cost you to upgrade to the new style tail section on your Kendon trailer? I have the exact same trailer and would like to do the same thing to it.
    We exchanged PMs, but I wanted to correct the price I told you. They are $600, but Kendon discounted $150, which almost paid the $175 shipping to me in Central Texas. $625 delivered, and no sales tax.