Looking for a Trailer for my F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Trailer for my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by valkhound View Post
    How much did it cost you to upgrade to the new style tail section on your Kendon trailer? I have the exact same trailer and would like to do the same thing to it.
    I upgraded my Kendon as well, makes loading the bike a breeze. I also upgraded the center rail and chock - front tire now fits between the rails instead of riding up on them (made steering a bitch). If you get a Kendon, tire pressure should be 36-38 pounds - NO MORE. Do NOt run the at max pressure - they will bounce all over the place and wear out quickly. I have over 15,000 miles on mine and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    I upgraded my Kendon as well, makes loading the bike a breeze. I also upgraded the center rail and chock - front tire now fits between the rails instead of riding up on them (made steering a bitch). If you get a Kendon, tire pressure should be 36-38 pounds - NO MORE. Do NOt run the at max pressure - they will bounce all over the place and wear out quickly. I have over 15,000 miles on mine and love it.
    I'm not sure what "upgrade" you did to the center rails and chock, unless it was non-Kendon. I didn't do anything to mine, and it works fine, for both the B and my FJR.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    We exchanged PMs, but I wanted to correct the price I told you. They are $600, but Kendon discounted $150, which almost paid the $175 shipping to me in Central Texas. $625 delivered, and no sales tax.
    Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what "upgrade" you did to the center rails and chock, unless it was non-Kendon. I didn't do anything to mine, and it works fine, for both the B and my FJR.
    I have a 2003 trailer. Around 2015 Kendon changed the design of the center rails and chock so that front tires would fit between the rails instead of slightly riding up on them. Also lowered the chock for easier in and out and made it adjustable for different wheel sizes. Upgrade is available on Kendon website and is a pretty straightforward installation. I paid about $200 a couple of years ago.

I have a 2003 trailer. Around 2015 Kendon changed the design of the center rails and chock so that front tires would fit between the rails instead of slightly riding up on them. Also lowered the chock for easier in and out and made it adjustable for different wheel sizes. Upgrade is available on Kendon website and is a pretty straightforward installation. I paid about $200 a couple of years ago.
    Okay. I think you're talking about the add on they sell as a center rail for the dual trailers.

I towed our 2 bikes from central Fl. to Canada & back w/ my '16 Tacoma TRD sport 4x4, 3.5, auto tranny. Nice truck, I like Toyota products. Traded a '14 GMC in on it, lots of software / computer issues, dealer couldn't or wouldn't fix them. Ergonomics were awful.

Anyone tried one of the Baxley trailers? They look pretty good at first glance but don't believe there's much (if any) of a distributor network.

https://www.baxleycompanies.com/sbx09.html

Okay. I think you're talking about the add on they sell as a center rail for the dual trailers.
    Nope, that's not what I am talking about. As I said, around 2015 they changed the design of the rails and chock on the single (and double) trailer so the front tire will fit between the rails instead of tending to ride up on them, twisting the steering a bit. It is available as a replacement part from Kendon.

Nope, that's not what I am talking about. As I said, around 2015 they changed the design of the rails and chock on the single (and double) trailer so the front tire will fit between the rails instead of tending to ride up on them, twisting the steering a bit. It is available as a replacement part from Kendon.
    You must have a different Kendon website than I have, as there is no such thing listed, other than that center rail for the dual trailers. Shoot me the link to what you're seeing, please.

I was looking at the Baxley trailers and the Ramp free trailers a while back, they both look like nice units. A little larger the the Kendon units but like you said not sure what kind of dealer network they have. I have contacted both and they are pretty much custom build with each having a couple of designs for Trike, Dual Bike trailers or single bike trailers. Everyonce in a while you will see a used trailer on Cycle Trader. Have seen all the brands listed on CT.