Looking for a Trailer for my F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a Trailer for my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    You must have a different Kendon website than I have, as there is no such thing listed, other than that center rail for the dual trailers. Shoot me the link to what you're seeing, please.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. The rails and chock are not listed as a replacement part on their site. Just call Kendon and ask about the new(er) rails. I think I paid about $200 for them. They really do make loading the bike easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Anyone tried one of the Baxley trailers? They look pretty good at first glance but don't believe there's much (if any) of a distributor network.

https://www.baxleycompanies.com/sbx09.html
    Baxley makes one of the best trailers that can be had.
    It makes loading a bike so easy you will think you did something wrong.
    A simple one person operation
    Have had one for 10 years and just sold it because it was made for two bikes and
    I only travel with one at a time now.
    Only draw back is maybe price.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. The rails and chock are not listed as a replacement part on their site. Just call Kendon and ask about the new(er) rails. I think I paid about $200 for them. They really do make loading the bike easier.
    Okay, I thought I was losing my mind. Well, mebbe I am...

I have to say that is a darn nice looking trailer. I like it a lot... and I think it would outlast me!
    That being said... I'm pretty cheap. Yes, the F6B cost a lot used, but I had a cheap HF 4x8 trailer that I abused mightily for 18 years, only having to replace the tires a couple times.
    Amortized out, it cost me about $30/yr including the plywood and rails. And yes, I put a lot of miles on it, overloaded it sinfully and loaned it out to those who didn't care for it.
    If I had to get a bike trailer now I'd get the same one or the 1800lb capacity one, build another ramp, use a couple boards for the guide and a good front wheel chock.
    Yes, yes I know... the china stuff argument. In time that will be a distant memory, like the bad connotation Made in Japan used to have.
    Factories build whatever build quality people want.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJT View Post
    I have to say that is a darn nice looking trailer. I like it a lot... and I think it would outlast me!
    That being said... I'm pretty cheap. Yes, the F6B cost a lot used, but I had a cheap HF 4x8 trailer that I abused mightily for 18 years, only having to replace the tires a couple times.
    Amortized out, it cost me about $30/yr including the plywood and rails. And yes, I put a lot of miles on it, overloaded it sinfully and loaned it out to those who didn't care for it.
    If I had to get a bike trailer now I'd get the same one or the 1800lb capacity one, build another ramp, use a couple boards for the guide and a good front wheel chock.
    Yes, yes I know... the china stuff argument. In time that will be a distant memory, like the bad connotation Made in Japan used to have.
    Factories build whatever build quality people want.
    I agree with your last statement above but would add "....and are willing to pay for".