Over 1700 miles

Thread: Over 1700 miles

Over 1700 miles

In a weekend from KC to Montgomery, AL and back. On the way back to KC, I did the entire trip in one day, 869 miles and 16 hours. I felt pretty proud! Also very tired and my ass was grass. My Mustang seat is not made for long hauls like that. I need a better seat, backrest and highway pegs.

Congratulations!
    As far as a seat swap goes, how many more times are planning that sort of distance?
    Is the return on investment worth it? Especially if your seat height changes enough to require a new windscreen, etc....
    Could try a gel pack or Beadriders.....

Best of luck!
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

yes I know your pain with the seat you have. from CA to Colorado I too had that same pain , I bought an airhawk it help but not the answer. I am looking at Russell daylong I put the stock seat back on and the airhawk five hundred mile day is now easy. good luck with the hunt

Beadrider definitely helps but different options during a long ride seems to be the best option for me (no RDL yet).
    Few hundred miles with beadrider, couple hundred without. Feet on rider pegs for a while, on highway pegs for a while, or on passenger pegs for a while. One foot on highway peg, one on passenger peg, etc.
    The more options the better.
    Riding the upward spiral.

If your Ass is not right, nothing ain't right. Sold my mustang went to Ultimate with drivers backrest and Kury adjustable pegs. I have the same set up on a Legacy Valk. I have many thousands of miles a couple of thousand mile days, no issues. You can not do wrong with either the RDL or the Ultimate. Just call them and give them you height weight and leg dimensions and what you are looking to do in terms of your situation and let them build one for you. As 53 driver said get the right windscreen first, then get the seat. Seat will impact the windscreen performance.

I just completed an 8,000 mile ride from Ohio to CA and back. Most travel days were 700 miles per day. My set up is a the stock seat but the "ass saver" is a $20 memory foam chair pad from Costco! Worked great and on the short days of 300 to 400 miles, I used it as part of a back rest.

I did have a small bag behind me which served as a back rest and a place to haul my extra helmets. Had to take two types...the half-helmet for Missouri, NV and CA where they want to protect my egg and a full helmet for rain! Other than in those states, I just let the wind blow through one ear and out the other!

I do have highway pegs but didn't use them a lot. They are good for changing leg positions throughout the day.

Really like my "Angry Stad" wind screen. Got the short smoke one and can move it up during the day and drop it down at night so I can look over it. Good screen!

Did buy a cooling vest which was a must going across the desert in NV & CA.

They call it a Russell "Day Long" for a good reason. Best money you'll ever spend on your B or any bike.

I had an Air-Hawk in addition to my Mustang seat. I am glad I had it because I think it did help. If I didn't have the AH, I might have had to make the trip in three days. lol... I'm really thinking about a RDL since I still do have my OEM seat.

I used my AirHawk pad most of the time with the stock seat and then a Mustang. Now I have an Ultimate seat I don't use it anymore
    2013 F6B in black of course