Was toying around with a late model F150 on a local four-lane highway with traffic lights.

I like to wind it out a bit from red lights on this particular highway, nothing extreme, just changing gears at 4000 instead of the normal ~2500.

This F150 was behind me, but not tailgating, but clearly staying on my ass during what should have been hard acceleration for a four-wheeled vehicle.

We went back and forth a bit for a few miles. He got a red light, and I was behind him. He got on it hard when it went green, hard enough for me to be shifting at 4000-4500 to keep up. I rolled on it in 4th at about 60 mph, went to go around him. I was gaining in typical bike-vs-car fashion, but then he punched it. I twisted even further on it in 4th, did not downshift, and I backed off at 90 to keep things somewhat reasonable. This lasted a total of about three seconds.

I expected to walk right past this truck, but I didn't. I believe if I was crazy and kept going, I would have overtaken him, but not easily. I suspect it was one of those twin-turbo 3.5 V6s. Is a 5000+ lb truck that fast?!?