F150 was a surprisingly good match - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F150 was a surprisingly good match

As usual this thread became another discussion on personal views and how fast cars are!!!....The initial post was about a Ford Truck and the F6B and that was all...Not about what cars can do what in the quarter mile or 0-60 times or other non-related garbage...

I assume you have not grabbed the whole throttle and wound the bike out to 5500 - 6000 rpms in each of the first 4 gears and taken it to the limiter in 5th. One of my coworkers has a Raptor and it is not that fast. They are not like the older SuperCharged Lightning trucks which were quicker than the Raptors. Short shifting 4K was your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Was toying around with a late model F150 on a local four-lane highway with traffic lights.

I like to wind it out a bit from red lights on this particular highway, nothing extreme, just changing gears at 4000 instead of the normal ~2500.

This F150 was behind me, but not tailgating, but clearly staying on my ass during what should have been hard acceleration for a four-wheeled vehicle.

We went back and forth a bit for a few miles. He got a red light, and I was behind him. He got on it hard when it went green, hard enough for me to be shifting at 4000-4500 to keep up. I rolled on it in 4th at about 60 mph, went to go around him. I was gaining in typical bike-vs-car fashion, but then he punched it. I twisted even further on it in 4th, did not downshift, and I backed off at 90 to keep things somewhat reasonable. This lasted a total of about three seconds.

I expected to walk right past this truck, but I didn't. I believe if I was crazy and kept going, I would have overtaken him, but not easily. I suspect it was one of those twin-turbo 3.5 V6s. Is a 5000+ lb truck that fast?!?

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    As usual this thread became another discussion on personal views and how fast cars are!!!....The initial post was about a Ford Truck and the F6B and that was all...Not about what cars can do what in the quarter mile or 0-60 times or other non-related garbage...
    Now that's funny!

If nothing else - and that's what I really like about everyone here - we are very opinionated, spirited bunch and we're not afraid to show it!

Y'all make being a 'moderator' pretty damn easy.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I assume you have not grabbed the whole throttle and wound the bike out to 5500 - 6000 rpms in each of the first 4 gears and taken it to the limiter in 5th. One of my coworkers has a Raptor and it is not that fast. They are not like the older SuperCharged Lightning trucks which were quicker than the Raptors. Short shifting 4K was your issue.
    No, if I am reading your post correctly, I did not wind it out as I was just &%^$*^% around, and not serious. When I started to go around him after leaving the light, I was accelerating at his pace; about 4K in each gear, and was in 4th @ ~60 mph. I do not know if he was holding it to the floor or not. I just rolled on it without downshifting to 3rd, because it would have been at 5000 at that speed, and an upshift would have been necessary almost immediately. Certainly not an ideal scenario. If I was taking it seriously, I would have held in 3rd and then hammered it when I started to pass. That may have been enough to slingshot by him before an upshift.

Oh well, it is fun talking about it
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I thought my F6B & Ford Truck are pretty quick until my Son asked me to leave his Hellcat at my home and wanted me to drive it occasionally. Hard as hell to get my old ass out of it but it is sure fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    I thought my F6B & Ford Truck are pretty quick until my Son asked me to leave his Hellcat at my home and wanted me to drive it occasionally. Hard as hell to get my old ass out of it but it is sure fun to drive.
    I have a 2002 Confederate Hellcat with a 120ci Merch CNC engine and you are correct it is a blast to twist the wick on, but you don't want to ride it cross country LOL.
    Oops, you were talking about the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat cage... my bad.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Ford F 150 Raptor with the Roush option produces over 600hp with the supercharged version and could most likely "blow " an F6B away without much effort....These bikes are fast, but not that fast!!....My guess is the one talked about on this post was not stock!!!!....Ride safe
    Opas , a Rousch Raptor weighs a little over 6000 pounds. And yeah it makes a lot of HP. It runs the quarter in 13.9. Even an average rider can manage 13 seconds on a B. A good experienced racer can take a stock B to under 12 seconds. Not shifting at redline was the problem. He rolled in 4th gear at 60 and 4th will do 105 or so at redline. He was way below the powerband at that point. The B will smoke any F150 out there. F150 is a great truck. I own one. It has a tuner , ram air , headers and exhaust. It's still no match for a B.
    I

I am not sure what can do what, but I would certainly like to see a "fully hopped" Ford Raptor run against an F6B under controlled conditions i.e., a drag strip ....I am getting a little rusty at my ripe old age, when it comes to drag racing, but I have never been beaten by any trucks so far...Had a Dodge Hellcat and Subaru WRX give me a run for my money a couple of times, but we were in traffic and could not really "get on it" so to speak....I'm sure you are correct in your comments...Regards and ride safe...