Fall Colors and My F6B in Colorado - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall Colors and My F6B in Colorado

Great pics! Im going over Trailridge tomorrow. Have some other runs planned for the nicer days this coming week.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Nice. Riding in Sept is awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Great pics! Im going over Trailridge tomorrow. Have some other runs planned for the nicer days this coming week.

Great Pics F6Bster ! I was out yesterday,I dont remember the roads in the order,was following and not taking notes. Ended up being a 500 mile day just rolling around our wonderful State. Predicting snow in some parts of the mountains soon I guess the up high thrills are over....maybe but I can relate to the fun !
    Was up over Trail ridge about three weeks ago,went early so very little traffic and can you believe it - the weather stayed nice for the complete trip !!
    I love this place ...

Great pics. I'm headed there early October to see some of the sights on the F6B. I've ridden out there before, but the wife is joining me this time. Can't wait to get there and for her to experience Colorado on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Is she riding with you the whole way?????
    I am leaving Saturday and picking her up in Albuquerque Sunday morning, then off to Durango for one night, p the million dollar highway then to Telluride for a night, and a long winding drive down to Lake City and Creede, then down to Southfork for the evening. She will fly back out of Albuquerque Thursday morning. I have a branch office in Amarillo, which I will hit on the way back. It's a good way to mix pleasure and business.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Great pics. I'm headed there early October to see some of the sights on the F6B. I've ridden out there before, but the wife is joining me this time. Can't wait to get there and for her to experience Colorado on a bike.
    Ride safe and enjoy! Should be nice on that route!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Ride safe and enjoy! Should be nice on that route!
    Thank you. I'm startimg to wonder if the weather is going to cooperate. Chance of rain/drizzle some days, and the temps are dropping. May have to go to plan B and drive, probably be a last minute decision.

For any folks from Colorado, this too late in the year typically to ride out there? I thought it would be ok in earky Oct but perhaps not. That would be a shame, just got my Givi mounted on the back for the trip.

I know MSF classes end at the end of Sep......

Yep, weather this coming week looks iffy in the mountains with a cold front moving through. Late Sept and Oct can be a great time for a ride, but it is hard to plan as it all depends upon what the fronts are doing. It can be warm or it can be cold, especially at the higher elevations. Along the FRONT RANGE, late Oct-Nov and March-April are usually our snowiest months.

Lower elevations this coming week will probably be fine, but the higher elevations look cold and wet for the bike, especially with a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Thank you. I'm startimg to wonder if the weather is going to cooperate. Chance of rain/drizzle some days, and the temps are dropping. May have to go to plan B and drive, probably be a last minute decision.

For any folks from Colorado, this too late in the year typically to ride out there? I thought it would be ok in earky Oct but perhaps not. That would be a shame, just got my Givi mounted on the back for the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Yep, weather this coming week looks iffy in the mountains with a cold front moving through. Late Sept and Oct can be a great time for a ride, but it is hard to plan as it all depends upon what the fronts are doing. It can be warm or it can be cold, especially at the higher elevations. Along the FRONT RANGE, late Oct-Nov and March-April are usually our snowiest months.

Lower elevations this coming week will probably be fine, but the higher elevations look cold and wet for the bike, especially with a passenger.
    Thank you for the confirmation. It may ne better to go ahead and switch to plan B, and not have anxiety all week waiting and watching. I am sure I will watch closely, but it does not look too promising for sure. Oh well, worst case scenario is I'll be in beautiful Colorado with my beautiful better half. Not a bad deal at all.