Fall Colors and My F6B in Colorado
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall Colors and My F6B in Colorado

Fall Colors and My F6B in Colorado

Here are a couple of pictures from today's ride:
    20180920_Valk_F6B_ CO-131.jpg 20180920_CampHale_F6B-2.jpg 20180920_CampHale_F6B-1.jpg
    On the left: Smoky's Valk and my F6B at the top of that unnamed high spot on CO-131
    Middle and Right: My F6B by Camp Hale on US-24 between Minturn and Leadville

https://coloradoencyclopedia.org/article/camp-hale

My riding buddy Smoky and I did a 2-day 600 mile ride in the Colorado mountains the past two days. Crossed the Continental Divide several times with great riding, great views, and a great time with the best of riding buddies (we've done 150,000+ miles riding together over the past 17 years or so). This trip we crossed Squaw, Berthoud, Gore, Tennessee, Fremont, Hoosier, Red Hill, and Kenosha Passes. The high point on CO-131 between State Bridge and Toponas should also be a pass; it is not, but none-the-less a great high point. We also rode Twentymile Road (County Road 27) from Oak Creek to Hayden north yesterday, then south this morning. Awesome 20 miles of riding!!!!! Aspen colors are just about peaked along the Continental Divide and look pretty good, but leaves are falling fast due to the bad drought this year. Aspen along the Front Range are pretty dull and are turning brown quickly and falling to the ground due to the drought.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Outstanding. Great pics and ride description. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Outstanding. Great pics and ride description. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Brasco. Seeing Calgary I just had to respond. Two of my very best friends from Maryland just flew into Calgary today and are on a 10-day tour of that neck of the woods. Banff, Icefields, Jasper, etc. Beautiful country. Sure hope to visit there again one of these days!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

That's great, F6Bster. Hopefully you can get up this way again. The riding as you note is truly special. Only downside is the wildly unpredictable weather. On that note, sure hope your friends aren't disappointed as we're expecting close to freezing temps and snow flurries over the next couple of days. All good by Sunday/Monday and through the rest of next week though. Your friends will be back riding in the 60F range by then.

I wish we could "like" posts on this forum.

Thx for sharing the pics, F6Bster.

Awsum stuff!! Statebridge should be a pass, I agree...what a great ride!

Nice pics, mate.
    I miss my Valk.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    That's great, F6Bster. Hopefully you can get up this way again. The riding as you note is truly special. Only downside is the wildly unpredictable weather. On that note, sure hope your friends aren't disappointed as we're expecting close to freezing temps and snow flurries over the next couple of days. All good by Sunday/Monday and through the rest of next week though. Your friends will be back riding in the 60F range by then.
    These friends do not ride and are in a luxury tourbus of some sort, so they will be fine. Once when I toured that area many years ago in late August, I thought I might have cold weather in Canada. My coldest night on that trip was in Pinedale, Wyoming. Frost on the seat when we went out to ride.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Beautiful fall foliage but I can't believe the leaves are turning colors already? It was 92 degrees here all week until today. Finally, cooler fall weather is coming.

Nice pics. Fall is my favourite season but it came to fast for me.
    2013 F6B in black of course