Moki Dugway

Thread: Moki Dugway

Moki Dugway

Can't remember if I posted this little gravel ride I took while at the Cortez Rally before or not so take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiC3UYkUKH8&t=4s

Great video, Mike. You definitely made the most of your time at the rally. I enjoyed riding with you and hope to hook up with you again in the future.

Ride safe
    Az Wingrider

The Moki is a fun ride. It shows up out of nowhere. The first time I rode it (about 20 years ago) I did not even know it was there until I came to it. My riding buddy and I debated whether to try to go up it or not. Fortunately we decided YES, and I've ridden it both ways several times. Glad you got to include it in your new riding experiences while enjoying the west!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Yes that trip was quite the experience. Horses and buffalo in the roads (free range) riding thru a dessert at 99 deg one day and the next at 32. Here is a short shot of Beartooth Pass, quite exciting going over from the WY side but beautiful once you crest the pass and get on the Montana side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyRcblQ7ovc

Two thumbs up on Moki Dugway. Rode down those switchbacks in August 2016 on a VTX. Got a good reminder from a Wing rider from Louisiana who said 'survival' means staying off the front brake on the descent. Just enough loose rock and gravel to make things interesting. Could not believe meeting someone pulling a huge trailer up that grade. Guessing they didn't know what they were in for before starting out.

Last edited by Brasco; 09-21-2018 at 11:37 PM.

I found out the hard way a few times.
    A GPS says theres a road there, but you don't know what the surface is like till you are on it to the point of no return.
    But being an explorer, I take it anyway.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Nope ,nope nope ! I've done this unintentionally around Colorado and have decided I dont like it much at all :-) Havent fallen but once at a full stop where my foot slipped after I stopped ,but the bike just doesnt feel stable (duh it's not ! )
    Kudos to you for intentionally going on this road...Ride on !