One of those days ...

Thread: One of those days ...

One of those days ...

I don't mean that title to be negative, which is usually what is associated with that phrase.

It was one of those days that started with a quick ride to explore a few roads, ended up with nearly 200 miles.

It was one of those days with a deep blue sky, some puffy clouds, temperature in the upper 60s, not much traffic, a few boats out on the lakes ... https://imgur.com/a/dZkxEok

it was one of those days where.. I just kept going. I was playing the Bills game on the radio (they beat the Vikes 27-6, despite being a 17 point dog) and I found myself taking several roads I have never been on and did not know where they went. A couple of times I went around a triangle, rather than crossing the base, not knowing any better.

It was one of those days where the wind was just right, sitting in a bubble behind the EnrageStad, with light breezes blowing around in the cockpit.

It was one of those days when that horizontally-opposed six seems even smoother than normal, responding to throttle twists with easy to manage, vibration-free power and exhaust gurgling lightly out back.

It was one of those days when the speedometer rarely broke 60, tach never above 3000.

It was one of those days where you find that road that has just the right amount of curves, small imperfections, walled by steep hills of green with some slight hints of yellow and orange starting to poke through.

It was one of those days where it seems you could spend hours behind the bars, not noticing the rattle in your helmet, your seating position not being just perfect, unable to find that song that matches the ride ... because everything else is bliss.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 09-23-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Sounds like CHURCH!
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Sounds like CHURCH!
    I tell my Sunday morning students:
    "I'd rather be riding my bike, thinking about God, than be in church, thinking about my bike."

VStarRider:
    Title could be:
    "One of those 'autobiographical' days...

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

sounds like what riding is all about

Liked that so much I am going to share on Facebook with my non riding friends. Maybe they will get a sense of enterprise.

Thanks.
    Mark