Local Indian Dealer Closing Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Indian Dealer Closing Today

Local Indian Dealer Closing Today

Been interested in maybe purchasing an Indian Scout this fall as I need to get into a lighter bike fairly soon...Going to sell/give my F6B to my oldest son and was ready to make the move on a leftover 2018...As I drove up to the parking lot, on a beautiful sunny day, expecting to see lots of bikes, the place was empty!!..My sales guy told me that this dealership, owned by Roger Penske, was not moving enough Indian bikes to maintain the level of dealer service that Penske dealers insist on....What a shame as this was an outstanding and first rate dealer both with sales and service....So, for now. I will sit tight and wait until next year to see what "perks"...BTW, I love my F6B and would really like to keep it, but I as approach 79 years old, it has become a little much for me to handle....Regards and ride safe

I'm so sorry your plans fell through.
    Hoping whatever percolates to the top is in your best interests!

You could put a trike kit on it.

I hear and understand you Opas Ride. I'm just a few ticks behind you @ 74 and having the same thoughts. The Scout is one of the 2 players in my plans to check out. The other is the 2018 Triumph Speedmaster which is also considerably lighter with a low seat and from what I've seen in pictures the foot controls are not extremely forward mounted. Actually pretty close to the F6B. My problem with either bike is that I have no dealers of either very close. 90 miles for the Scout, and over 100 for Triumphs. If you haven't seen the 2018 Speedmaster, take a look.

Maybe consider an BMW 1200RT. Nice all around bike, much lighter than the f6b, may depend on access to a dealership in your area, however. There are some good deals on used ones.

We have a dealership not to far from me. It is Sloans in Murfreesboro Tn. You could check and see what they would do for you. I’m about 20 miles away and if can help any way let me know.

You'll enjoy a Scout. Light @ 550# handle good, ride okay for a short trip but not like a B. G/F has one, she loves it. I've rode it a few times, nice bike. Chack Cycle Trader, lots of them on there

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    I hear and understand you Opas Ride. I'm just a few ticks behind you @ 74 and having the same thoughts. The Scout is one of the 2 players in my plans to check out. The other is the 2018 Triumph Speedmaster which is also considerably lighter with a low seat and from what I've seen in pictures the foot controls are not extremely forward mounted. Actually pretty close to the F6B. My problem with either bike is that I have no dealers of either very close. 90 miles for the Scout, and over 100 for Triumphs. If you haven't seen the 2018 Speedmaster, take a look.
    Like the Speedmaster, but don't much care for the chain drive...I know they are much improved from years ago, but would rather stick with shaft or belt....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    You could put a trike kit on it.
    Your right and I have checked this option out somewhat..The dealer I bought my "B" from does lots of trikes and they told me about $10,000 to convert my bike....But I have ridden a couple trikes and just do not like the feel and handling......Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Like the Speedmaster, but don't much care for the chain drive...I know they are much improved from years ago, but would rather stick with shaft or belt....Regards
    I also had reservations about going back to a chain drive when I bought my V-Strom in 2008. I found out that it's pretty much a non issue with the new chains and lubes. If a person rides on road(like I think you and I do)an O-ring chain doesn't need much maint at all. Just a nice shot of lube every so often and maybe clean it twice a year with a Grunge Brush. It does help to have a center stand, then it's a much easier task than servicing the final drive on a shafty. Chains and belts are the most efficient types of drive and I think a belt is the ultimate, but belt drive is pretty much limited to cruisers. When I got rid of that V-Strom, it had 25,000 miles on it and the chain and sprockets were still like new.