LED tail lights - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED tail lights

"I also changed the two break lights two LED Ultra-Flash Pathfinder 7443 bulbs to the center break light."

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    "I also changed the two break lights two LED Ultra-Flash Pathfinder 7443 bulbs to the center break light."

Huh?
    Oops! Corrected.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Not really crazy about lots of lights but do think it is safer. First Owner added the Kury lights, I added the outside dual bulb conversion and the additional brakes. Also have additional turns in yellow. Mine in run and brake.
    IMG_5189.JPG IMG_5190.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Oops! Corrected.

All clear now. I think these are the same bulbs, directly from SoCal:

https://www.socalmotogear.com/Produc...ctCode=7443RP2

Did you do the turn signals as well?

Yes, same bulbs, but retailed by CycleMax. About the same price but you can get them individually, if you need to replace just one.

I'm not planning on changing the turn indicators to LED because I don't want to fight to get to the relay, and again, I think the incandescent bulbs are bright enough. I watched the "up close" videos on SoCal's site which make the LED bulbs seem so much brighter. In my experience, there's not much difference...In full daylight...At 50 feet...When the bikes moving.

Now, I would like to find a good water tight way to add red running lights to the turn indicator housings. Even considered a bright LED strip to attach UNDER and outside the turn indicators. Still searching.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Not really crazy about lots of lights but do think it is safer. First Owner added the Kury lights, I added the outside dual bulb conversion and the additional brakes. Also have additional turns in yellow. Mine in run and brake.
    IMG_5189.JPG IMG_5190.JPG
    Nice, looks familiar but not laying down. I like to be seen so had the outside edge LED done too. It is bright but not for too long.
    Last edited by FarsideF6B; 04-28-2020 at 09:27 AM.

I have the same bulbs. They have been on my bike for 3 years and around 40K. My friend put the same bulbs in his HD they lasted about 4 months and both blew. They did cause me one problem with my extended warranty. I had the fuse blow twice and thought I have the warranty so I dropped it off at the dealer. They told me the bulbs were the cause of the failure and put OEM bulbs back in. Honda wouldn't warranty it. I brought the bike home put the flashing bulbs back in and have not had a problem since. Since the dealer couldn't figure out what was up with the fuse. I checked it out and found a break in the rubber around the wire that came from the front brake handle. It was very close to the handlebars and I bet when turning with the brake handle suppressed it caused a short. Fixed it my self. I no longer use that dealer for many reasons.