Right gear (ATGATT) wrong bike

Thread: Right gear (ATGATT) wrong bike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I havent gotten to ALL the gear yet but helmet,good gloves Armored jacket long pants (jeans typically) and good boots I dont leave without. It DOES feel good with just a T shirt instead of the jackets - they are hot even though they are mesh and my friends ride without a helmet unless it's raining or weather is bad..Dont ride dirt but have no qualms about shall we say 'enthusiastic' riding.That and swarms of bugs,wildlife and in Colorado we have "free range' farm animals to be aware of.
    Good on you for having that gear on and best wishes for you healing quickly.

I am also in the healing mode...broken left thumb from hitting ditch approaching stopped truck waiting to turn. I will never take the usefulness of a thumb or the painful rehab for granted. You are wise to fully use protective gear! I also had boots and armored pants but on that day in July I thought it too hot to wear gloves and only vented t-shirt. The scrapes would have certainly been less with my jacket and gloves! As for the thumb, would have gotten broken anyway.
    Your points (and the other's) about protective gear are well received...and, I KNEW BETTER!
    How fun (not) is your thumb rehab??