Another solo riding question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another solo riding question

I hate phones, and like others leave it stowed for emergencies.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    I"l diddle around on my phone, but I'd much rather talk to people if the opportunity arises.you can met some really interesting people and learn some neat things just by striking up the odd conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Agreed. If I am riding out of my local area, especially on overnight trips, I talk with the locals. A lot of them see my helmet and ask where I'm riding in from, and it's easy to get a chat going from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I agree about riding alone being a great opportunity to meet people. I usually check my phone before entering a restaurant and then leave it alone. Its amazing how many people are willing to approach a lone rider. I also try to eat at local non chain type restaurants while traveling on the bike. Its a chance to meet people and learn about the local area.
    Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Same here with the local eateries. I can get a chain restaurant food anywhere.
    +1 to all!

I'll check mine for "emergent" messages whenever I stop - aging parents, canines, & daughters all seem to have issues every now & then, so as a first-born son, a father, and 'head-of-household" I do my due diligence to my tribe.
    Other than that, I treat it like a tool - it is for my use - no one else's - and it stays conveniently ready, like a Swiss Army knife.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    +1 to all!

I'll check mine for "emergent" messages whenever I stop - aging parents, canines, & daughters all seem to have issues every now & then, so as a first-born son, a father, and 'head-of-household" I do my due diligence to my tribe.
    Other than that, I treat it like a tool - it is for my use - no one else's - and it stays conveniently ready, like a Swiss Army knife.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I'm impressed with the multiple quotes. I didn't realize that could be done.

BTW, your PM box is full. I tried to send you one but it wouldn't take

Just cleaned it out.....recent events have plugged it pretty good.
    My apologies to anyone else who tried to send me something.
    Cheers,
    Steve

I have a old flip phone just in case I have some bad luck while riding.
    I too would much rather chat with someone or read a paper while reading.
    PLEASE, PLEASE don't talk or listen to stuff on your cell while it's on "SPEAKER" That just sucks & it's rude. I/we don't want to hear your crap.

This last trip, I put my iPhone in the cup holder. Synced it to my helmet for map directions and occasional music but prefer the sound of my exhaust.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I leave my cell in a breast pocket of my jacket so I will feel the vibration if someone calls.The only folks I am concerned with are family and they know to call three or four times in a row for emergencies. Past that I check it when I get off the bike while waiting to be served,maybe check the weather app if it looks stormy. After that I leave the world behind which is the whole point.