2019 F6B Rally

Thread: 2019 F6B Rally

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    These rallies are really small gatherings (less than 50 bikes normally). Perhaps a vendor (Rick) or two. Hanging and Riding!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

oldxtreme Agreed these ARE Honda's and you are right they never break down, but like a Harley they ride on the same tires! My only point about a "Moving Rally" is the poor guy who has a tire breakdown who has hotel reservations for the night 200 miles away. Chaser would be nice, just an FYI they dont have a lot of "close" support in locales out west! Never been to a Honda rally either but planning a trip is different then planning a rally at a fixed location would guess. I am game for either next year, looking forward to meeting a few of you guys.

Kokomo, you are right on about about little support on some of those western roads and towns! I think I was going across Nevada and passed a small road sign that said :"No Service for 137 miles, well that meant there is NOTHING but wild horses, sand and sun for those 137 miles...not even a cross road! When I started on that western run, I got an air compressor and tire plug kit because if you have a flat out there, you are flat out of luck! Almost NO other road traffic either. I wouldn't want to try that trip on a Harley without a spare bike on a chase truck!

Been to Sturgis many times from Ohio and always pass at least three Harley's off to the side of the road. There was a group of Harley riders doing the Grand Canyon/Bryce tour and they had a chase trailer and a bike strapped down on the trailer. Same thing at the Tail...group of Harley's followed by a truck with a trailer and a spare bike!

Other than being able to wear an HD jacket and get a cool tee shirt from every Harley shop in the world, I can not figure out why any serious road warrior would want a Harley... unless they have a bunch of Honda riders with them to take them to the nearest Harley dealer when they break down!

A group of 50 riders could just about fit into any town. Do most people that show up at the rally to motel it or camp?

In Mt Carmel, you can hit the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion all within about 100 mile radius. However, nothing much else to do but ride and look,unless you are into hiking or riding horses.