Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
I don't think logistics would be insurmountable. Decide what part of the country we want the tour to be in. Figure out the starting and ending cities and where the overnight stops will be. Then decide on a hosting hotel for each night. Each participant would make their own reservations for the days they want to ride. I feel that at each nights stop people will exchange ideas for the next days ride and groups will form for the next day. Each morning small groups or even individuals could make that days ride.

We have a lot of time before next summer and we can take our time deciding where everything will happen and then which hotels to use. I think lunch stops and evening meals can be decided as we go. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum and most of us have no problem voicing our opinions and sharing our knowledge so I think we can make it work.

On the Tuesday before the Cortez Rally 2Wheelsforme, JMDaniel and I got together and rode the Silver Thread, part of the Black Canyon of Gunnison and the Dolores River Valley. Before this ride we had known each other only on the forum and we had a great ride with almost no planning. I said I was going to ride The Silver Thread, 2Wheelsforme said he wanted to go and asked if we could include Black Canyon of the Gunnison, JMDaniel said I'm in and we rode it. I made a couple of good friends and it was without drama. No reason this can't happen on a bigger scale.

Az Wingrider
Oh, I know we CAN make it work.
We have a bunch of smart, talented people on this forum.
Cheers,
Steve