2019 F6B Rally - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F6B Rally

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    But Lebanon KS would be a terrible place to have a motorcycle rally.
    True enough for the geographic centre of the contiguous USA but if you factor in Hawaii and Alaska the actual centre of US is said to be 20 mi (32 km) north of Belle Fourche, South Dakota. Can you say 2019 rally in the Black Hills and Badlands?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    True enough for the geographic centre of the contiguous USA but if you factor in Hawaii and Alaska the actual centre of US is said to be 20 mi (32 km) north of Belle Fourche, South Dakota. Can you say 2019 rally in the Black Hills and Badlands?!
    I would make the trip and on to Yellowstone.

I like Cody, Wy. Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth, Yellowstone, Big Horn Nat. park, Grand Tetons if adventurous. Make for a nice four or five day rally.

That would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Nut View Post
    I like Cody, Wy. Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth, Yellowstone, Big Horn Nat. park, Grand Tetons if adventurous. Make for a nice four or five day rally.

Have done that except Big Horn, would do it again in a heartbeat if given a chance next year. Staying in the park would be expensive, Cody would be my choice for homebase.

I was very impressed with Big Horn, had never heard of it before my visit, so I think underrated. Another thing is lots of surveying going on where the pavement was the worst so I'm guessing new pavement soon or more likely entirely new hiway.

I like that area tremendously and I agree that Cody would be a good home base if we do a rally and not a tour. Those who have extra time could include the Black Hills and Glacier National Park before or after the Rally.

Lets get the ball rolling
    Az Wingrider

Cody sounds good to me.

First riding season on my F6 but did get to Grand T's, Yellowstone, Bear Tooth, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore, Bad Lands, Sturgis, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion Canyons and Pacific Ocean. Finished off the season with a few runs on the Dragon Tail. Missed Big Horn, so I guess I have to go back West!

Red Lodge, MT is a nice little town at the foot of Bear Tooth but I don't think it could handle several hundred riders. Cody could accommodate more riders.

Bronson and the Ozarks in Missouri have a lot of good twisties roads, float trips, caves and cheap booze.

How many riders show up for these rallies?