2019 F6B Rally - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F6B Rally

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Pacific NW would be great. Baker City in eastern Oregon is a popular marshalling spot for rallies -- Hell's Canyon, Snake River ... some great riding in the region.
    Hold it in June/July so a contingent can do the Dalton to Prudhoe Bay, epic ride.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Hold it in June/July so a contingent can do the Dalton to Prudhoe Bay, epic ride.
    We can get "Drive Jehu" to be our tour guide!!!!

A variation on my "PNW" suggestion... North East Oregon -- "Blue Mountain" region. Absolutely some of the best roads I've ridden in this region. OR DOT takes great care of the roads... routes are fun-fun-fun; some with great "sweepers" with an occasional switch-back thrown in. Many bike rallies are based out of towns like Joseph, OR or Pendleton, OR (larger of the 2). In both towns, hotel and camping options.

PNW is for sure a beautiful place, I've been but not on a bike. It is a long way from Florida and not possible for me the next year after my tour of the Rockies when visiting Cortez. Maybe fly out and rent a bike is a possibility. I guess it is a question for Phantom; is the PNW a possibly for you or is that too far. Some guidelines as to what is possible and what is not would help start to narrow down a location.

It's west for me, whether at an F6B rally or my own trip. The Smokies were okay, but that box has been checked, at least until I retire, and have 52 weeks of vacation a year.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    We can get "Drive Jehu" to be our tour guide!!!!
    Brilliant, we'll pay him in beer
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I like the Northwest. Since we may not have a tent why not do a tour instead of a rally. Meet somewhere for a night or two and then ride to a new place each day after that. It wouldn't have to be a group ride, it could be several small groups or ride at your own pace to the next nights destination. We could see a lot more country and people could join or leave the tour at each nights destination. If you have two days that's great, if you have five days you can see much more.

Just a thought but it might be fun.
    Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I like the Northwest. Since we may not have a tent why not do a tour instead of a rally. Meet somewhere for a night or two and then ride to a new place each day after that. It wouldn't have to be a group ride, it could be several small groups or ride at your own pace to the next nights destination. We could see a lot more country and people could join or leave the tour at each nights destination. If you have two days that's great, if you have five days you can see much more.

Az Wingrider
    But, but... how do I circle back and get my truck and trailer?

Drop your truck and trailer at the final nights stop and ride to the start of the tour. Your truck and trailer will be waiting patiently for your return. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post

Az Wingrider
    Not a bad idea, start on the east coast and head west on a predetermined route with planned stop and meet points along the way. A rider or small groups could head either direction to meet then ride back or keep going west as far as they want before turning back. It would take a lot of planning and coordination.