2019 F6B Rally - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F6B Rally

Kevin, I don't think the intent would be to ride exclusively in one area for a Rally, but rather have the "rally" occur in a different place over a several week period.
    Maybe start in the PNW on weekend 1, Glacier Nat'l Park weekend 2, etc.
    At least that's how I read the concept.
    Yeah logistics are always the long pole in the tent, but I love the concept.

I don't think logistics would be insurmountable. Decide what part of the country we want the tour to be in. Figure out the starting and ending cities and where the overnight stops will be. Then decide on a hosting hotel for each night. Each participant would make their own reservations for the days they want to ride. I feel that at each nights stop people will exchange ideas for the next days ride and groups will form for the next day. Each morning small groups or even individuals could make that days ride.

We have a lot of time before next summer and we can take our time deciding where everything will happen and then which hotels to use. I think lunch stops and evening meals can be decided as we go. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum and most of us have no problem voicing our opinions and sharing our knowledge so I think we can make it work.

On the Tuesday before the Cortez Rally 2Wheelsforme, JMDaniel and I got together and rode the Silver Thread, part of the Black Canyon of Gunnison and the Dolores River Valley. Before this ride we had known each other only on the forum and we had a great ride with almost no planning. I said I was going to ride The Silver Thread, 2Wheelsforme said he wanted to go and asked if we could include Black Canyon of the Gunnison, JMDaniel said I'm in and we rode it. I made a couple of good friends and it was without drama. No reason this can't happen on a bigger scale.

Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I don't think logistics would be insurmountable. Decide what part of the country we want the tour to be in. Figure out the starting and ending cities and where the overnight stops will be. Then decide on a hosting hotel for each night. Each participant would make their own reservations for the days they want to ride. I feel that at each nights stop people will exchange ideas for the next days ride and groups will form for the next day. Each morning small groups or even individuals could make that days ride.

We have a lot of time before next summer and we can take our time deciding where everything will happen and then which hotels to use. I think lunch stops and evening meals can be decided as we go. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum and most of us have no problem voicing our opinions and sharing our knowledge so I think we can make it work.

On the Tuesday before the Cortez Rally 2Wheelsforme, JMDaniel and I got together and rode the Silver Thread, part of the Black Canyon of Gunnison and the Dolores River Valley. Before this ride we had known each other only on the forum and we had a great ride with almost no planning. I said I was going to ride The Silver Thread, 2Wheelsforme said he wanted to go and asked if we could include Black Canyon of the Gunnison, JMDaniel said I'm in and we rode it. I made a couple of good friends and it was without drama. No reason this can't happen on a bigger scale.

Az Wingrider
    Oh, I know we CAN make it work.
    We have a bunch of smart, talented people on this forum.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Pnw

No it to rain on a great parade, but hope there would be something a bit closer for
    those of us on the east coast.
    Was jilted like an ugly prom date this year when nobody showed up for the ride from
    Cortez to Cherakee.

Understand Shortleg, it's a haul from the midwest flatlands as well, but if you can ever make it, you need to see it to believe it. Will never forget the ride from Eastern Washington state to Port Angeles via Route#20
    Via the ferry at Port Townsend, as well as ride up to Hurricane ridge in Olympic National Park. In one day you go from high desert conditions to Alpine conditions to dense rain forest conditions to Coastal conditions. It is the most incredible experience I have ever had in my life, truly a bucket list experience for any rider. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post

Az Wingrider
    And it was a great day, Dwight! You'll often find that is my level of involvement; saying "yep, sounds good to me!"...

More than anything I was promoting the idea of a tour instead of a fixed base rally. We can do this anywhere that the members are interested in. There are a lot of areas I want to see more of. We haven't done anything around the Great Lakes where there is some great riding. I love the Blue Ridge Parkway and there is unlimited good riding in that area. We could start in Arkansas then head into the Louisiana Bayou country and on into the Texas Hill Country. We could start on the Northern California Coast and head into the Sierras. The possibilities are only limited by our imagination. I am up for any area I can get to on the bike. Heck we haven't even discussed Canada.

Lets explore every possibility, we can't please everyone but I am sure we can find something that will be exciting to a large enough number to make a great ride.
    Az Wingrider

I will be retired by the time of next years rally looking forward to meeting some of you Ya Hoo's face to face. Got my bike ready right now, will put another set of shoes on her just before the next rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    I will be retired by the time of next years rally looking forward to meeting some of you Ya Hoo's face to face. Got my bike ready right now, will put another set of shoes on her just before the next rally.
    Hey Kevin, I'll try to keep up with you as far as I can go next year.