Front tire battlax

Thread: Front tire battlax

Front tire battlax

Has anyone tried the battlax on the F6B if you have does it handle well in rain what kind of mileage are you getting

I "Double Dark Side" having the Battlax on the front of my 6! I run the tire with the "directional arrow" same as the OEM tire and keep the pressure at 40/41 PSI. Doing so, I achieve 23/24K miles service. I'm currently on my second Ax and love its "corner carving abilities"! When mounted, the Ax is 1/4" narrower than the OEM tire and will produce a handlebar induced vibration for the first few hundred miles. Once "scrubbed in" the vibration is gone and, IMHO, the performance is superior to the OEM skin. If you check my earlier post on the Ax you'll find additional info. I actually severed my first worn Ax to get a glimpse of the remaining rubber and the tire has impressive construction. Well into the "wear bars", the center rubber was approximately 1/2" thick on the worn casing! For those looking for a great alternative front tire, the Ax IMHO fits the bill!
    Last edited by bob109; 10-04-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Alright thanks. I will see if I can find your original post I’m just not getting the mileage I would like out of the oem. Have to change tires twice a year I also darkside the rear . Which series do you run bt45?
    Last edited by Mooney14; 10-04-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney14 View Post
    Alright thanks. I will see if I can find your original post I’m just not getting the mileage I would like out of the oem. Have to change tires twice a year I also darkside the rear . Which series do you run bt45?
    I run the BT45!