Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
All,

Today at 116,000 miles I had the $3,500 Traxxion treatment applied to the 2013, F6BX and and I'm excited about my new ride! I'm looking forward to a mountain trip but it will likely be Spring. In the mean time my first impression is limited to a brief 100 interstate miles and a little in town riding.

The interstate: The bike is so much more stable! 90 is the new 70, so to speak. If you want to know how stable my bars feel at 80 mph go sit on your scoot with the engine off, get into riding position and be real still. That's the feeling. Now I do feel the road through them, it's more road now and less bump. It's not a ride on a cloud kind of feel it's more percision. Most notably the bars, hence the bike, feels more solid and it's downright nice. I talked to Traxxion before I got home and asked if they used a tighter spec for the steering stem nut. No they use the Honda spec. They don't feel tighter at low speed. Also the bars do not feel tighter when turning side to side sitting still.

The service: I had mine done at the Traxxion headquarters in Woodstock and they treated me very well. In at 9:30 am and out at 1:45 pm. And the installer, Jacob was steady working whenever I looked in but did not seem to be racing the clock to get to the next job. It was a low pressure work environment and that gives me more confidence in the work I can't see.

The coin: A hard earned $3,500 dropped in a 5+ yr old 116,000 mile bike that's been rode hard and put up wet!?! Yep.
No regrets here.
That AllBalls steering head bearing set REALLY does makes a huge difference in the feel of the steering pressures and elegance of the ride, don't it?
And yes, my 0930 appointment had me out of there by 1400. The "low pressure" work environment you speak of is true. I've had mine back there twice since the install for the 25,000 mile servicing and nothing but professionals have touched Isleen.
Just a heads up, the servicing takes about 30 minutes longer than the install because they use your parts, re-machined and/or treated as required, rather than put in the new parts like they did today.

Glad you had a great experience and I'm looking forward to your 1000 mile usage report!
Cheers,
Steve