Progressive Front Suspension
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progressive Front Suspension

Progressive Front Suspension

Has anyone here installed the monotube suspension in there F6B? Was there a noticeable difference in ride quality? I'm in Michigan and wondering if you had a dealer and if so which one, or know of a competent mechanic to do this install. I know there are other products, but I am asking about the Progressive units.

Thanks, Marty

I removed my forks and took them to a dealer were I was going to watch and ended up helping. After it was all done I think I could have done the whole job.
    I did feel a difference in the ride. Felt better in the curves and a bit smoother ride. Still feel the bumps but things like man hole covers are smoother.

Cleaver,
    JimmyT, GATeach and several other of our 'spirited' riders have installed the Progressive Monotubes and all of them will tell you that is a major upgrade from the stock system.
    If you go to YouTube, search for "Traxxion Dynamics Gold Wing suspension" you'll see a series of videos by Max McAllister. One of them at about the 11 minute mark shows a cutaway for the stock suspension and why it is worth upgrading.
    Information is power!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver1 View Post
    Has anyone here installed the monotube suspension in there F6B? Was there a noticeable difference in ride quality? I'm in Michigan and wondering if you had a dealer and if so which one, or know of a competent mechanic to do this install. I know there are other products, but I am asking about the Progressive units.

Thanks, Marty
    Call Jason, GM, at Central Motorsports in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan..They have done many, many Trike conversions and also do suspension up-grades using Progressive and Traxxion fork springs...I was going to do this in September, but family issues interfered ...I personally chose the Traxxion conversion parts as I preferred them, but both work fine....Regards

I use the progressive front, big difference for me. Really helps in bumpy corners.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Just made a dealer appointment for 23000 mile service. Tires, handlebar risers and all balls steering. Now I am wondering if I should also do the progressive forks while it's there.
    Always looking for a smoother ride.......

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Just made a dealer appointment for 23000 mile service. Tires, handlebar risers and all balls steering. Now I am wondering if I should also do the progressive forks while it's there.
    Always looking for a smoother ride.......
    If your planning on doing the work you indicated, most definitely up-grade the front forks etc....Unless you are going to sell the bike soon I would not spend the money, but if you keep it a while I would consider the money well spent..I am leaning more towards the Traxxion springs, but they both make a difference, or so I am told...I planned to do it last month, but now am going to wait until Spring of next year, unless I move to another bike...Regards and ride safe

I have the Monotubes. Put them in myself. I also changed out the head bearings to the tapered All Balls bearing. The ride is definitely improved. With the monotubes , bearings, Superrace and Helibars, my front end is tight and tracks beautifully.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Besides what I wrote already, full disclosure:
    Isleen has the Traxxion "Mega-Monty" package installed.
    Would not trade it for anything.

Thank you for the info. I will find out how much extra the dealer wants for adding this.