Progressive Front Suspension - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progressive Front Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I read from many on this board that the Traxxion "full monty" is the way to go for those that ride hard and want a better road feel....But it is really worth it to put $3500 into a bike, mine is a 2013, that is currently only worth $9,000???...I think I will pass as my riding days are becoming less as I get older...Maybe just the front forks and AllBAlls bearings will work for me....I will give it some more thought over the winter and if I keep my bike, maybe I'll pop for the cash!!...Regards
    Seems like you've been on the Traxxion fence for a long time. A bikes worth is in the eye of the owner. IMO it's money well spent if you have the cash to blow on frivolous expenses like bike upgrades and plan on keeping it. I do a couple 3 thousand mile rides a year and the difference was night and day. I won't spend a 100 bucks on sneakers but have no problem with high end upgrades for my bike or another firearm to stick in the safe. I always tell myself I've blown cash in way worse ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Seems like you've been on the Traxxion fence for a long time. A bikes worth is in the eye of the owner. IMO it's money well spent if you have the cash to blow on frivolous expenses like bike upgrades and plan on keeping it. I do a couple 3 thousand mile rides a year and the difference was night and day. I won't spend a 100 bucks on sneakers but have no problem with high end upgrades for my bike or another firearm to stick in the safe. I always tell myself I've blown cash in way worse ways.
    Your probably right about the Traxxion deal and I am sure it works fine...But, if I really wanted to spend the money, and was planning on riding for a few more years, I would "bite the bullet" and buy a new 2018/19 Goldwing and not worry about the front suspension issues...Regards and ride safe

Your probably right about the Traxxion deal and I am sure it works fine...But, if I really wanted to spend the money, and was planning on riding for a few more years, I would "bite the bullet" and buy a new 2018/19 Goldwing and not worry about the front suspension issues...Regards and ride safe
    Can't argue with that. The new Honda is not my cup of tea but if I was into that style I'd probably buy the BMW. I tend to keep my vehicles at least ten years or more unless I wreck em and I've wrecked a few.

Numerous reports indicate that the front suspension on the new Wings isn't any better than the old.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    Numerous reports indicate that the front suspension on the new Wings isn't any better than the old.
    Ya but Traxxion has a fix.

Which puts poor Opus back at square one!
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Which puts poor Opus back at square one!
    The circle of life.

The only negative reports on the new front suspension that I have seen come from the Traxxion people!!..How ironic...Regards

The only negative reports on the new front suspension that I have seen come from the Traxxion people!!..How ironic...Regards
    I suggest you look a bit more in-depth....just sayin'.
    Yes, Max has his videos out there and people are watching, but many dealerships have been inundated with service requests with regards to the two tie-bars.
    Some legit issues with the rod ends breaking, others just not understanding how the system works and getting educated.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Maybe so, but it is not really an issue for this old "fart" as I will probably never buy another big bike like the Goldwings...Regards