Progressive Front Suspension
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Progressive Front Suspension

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Progressive Front Suspension

Has anyone here installed the monotube suspension in there F6B? Was there a noticeable difference in ride quality? I'm in Michigan and wondering if you had a dealer and if so which one, or know of a competent mechanic to do this install. I know there are other products, but I am asking about the Progressive units.

Thanks, Marty

I removed my forks and took them to a dealer were I was going to watch and ended up helping. After it was all done I think I could have done the whole job.
    I did feel a difference in the ride. Felt better in the curves and a bit smoother ride. Still feel the bumps but things like man hole covers are smoother.

At Traxxion HQ in Marietta, GA - the Mega Monty for a 2014 Black F6BD cost $3000.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    At Traxxion HQ in Marietta, GA - the Mega Monty for a 2014 Black F6BD cost $3000.
    Hey 53Driver, The Traxxion web site shows 2 GA installers, one in McDonough and the other in Maysville. I may be overlooking the one in Marietta, do you have contact info. for that store?
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Cleaver,
    JimmyT, GATeach and several other of our 'spirited' riders have installed the Progressive Monotubes and all of them will tell you that is a major upgrade from the stock system.
    If you go to YouTube, search for "Traxxion Dynamics Gold Wing suspension" you'll see a series of videos by Max McAllister. One of them at about the 11 minute mark shows a cutaway for the stock suspension and why it is worth upgrading.
    Information is power!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver1 View Post
    Has anyone here installed the monotube suspension in there F6B? Was there a noticeable difference in ride quality? I'm in Michigan and wondering if you had a dealer and if so which one, or know of a competent mechanic to do this install. I know there are other products, but I am asking about the Progressive units.

Thanks, Marty
    Call Jason, GM, at Central Motorsports in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan..They have done many, many Trike conversions and also do suspension up-grades using Progressive and Traxxion fork springs...I was going to do this in September, but family issues interfered ...I personally chose the Traxxion conversion parts as I preferred them, but both work fine....Regards

They are actually in Woodstock, GA.
    My bad.

http://traxxion.com
    Phone number 770.592.3823
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

I appreciate it! Looking forward to talking with them. So far I've found plenty of grumbling about the coin for Traxxion and no complaints about it's performance for our scoots. My best to Isleen.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    I appreciate it! Looking forward to talking with them. So far I've found plenty of grumbling about the coin for Traxxion and no complaints about it's performance for our scoots. My best to Isleen.
    My mantra when I was increasing my audio company's inventory: "buy once, cry once."
    Get the gear & performance you want when you can afford it.
    Of course your F6BX has done SO much already!
    Cheers,
    Steve

(Traxxion did have a '90 days Same As Cash' thing going on to spread out the payments...)
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    My mantra when I was increasing my audio company's inventory: "buy once, cry once."
    Get the gear & performance you want when you can afford it.
    Of course your F6BX has done SO much already!
    Cheers,
    Steve

(Traxxion did have a '90 days Same As Cash' thing going on to spread out the payments...)
    All,

Today at 116,000 miles I had the $3,500 Traxxion treatment applied to the 2013, F6BX and and I'm excited about my new ride! I'm looking forward to a mountain trip but it will likely be Spring. In the mean time my first impression is limited to a brief 100 interstate miles and a little in town riding.

The interstate: The bike is so much more stable! 90 is the new 70, so to speak. If you want to know how stable my bars feel at 80 mph go sit on your scoot with the engine off, get into riding position and be real still. That's the feeling. Now I do feel the road through them, it's more road now and less bump. It's not a ride on a cloud kind of feel it's more percision. Most notably the bars, hence the bike, feels more solid and it's downright nice. I talked to Traxxion before I got home and asked if they used a tighter spec for the steering stem nut. No they use the Honda spec. They don't feel tighter at low speed. Also the bars do not feel tighter when turning side to side sitting still.

The service: I had mine done at the Traxxion headquarters in Woodstock and they treated me very well. In at 9:30 am and out at 1:45 pm. And the installer, Jacob was steady working whenever I looked in but did not seem to be racing the clock to get to the next job. It was a low pressure work environment and that gives me more confidence in the work I can't see.

The coin: A hard earned $3,500 dropped in a 5+ yr old 116,000 mile bike that's been rode hard and put up wet!?! Yep.
    No regrets here.

BT45R 130/70-18