Progressive Front Suspension - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progressive Front Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Maybe so, but it is not really an issue for this old "fart" as I will probably never buy another big bike like the Goldwings...Regards
    Hell, I'm 20 years behind you thinking that Isleen is going to be my last bike!

Started riding motorcycles in the late 50's, quit for several years while college, jobless, other issues, etc. kept me away until 1973..Started again, and rode for a few years until my wife wanted me to stop while we raised our 5 kids..Got back on bikes again in 1999 (age 59) with a Valkyrie Tour and have had 6 bikes since then..The F6B is one of my favorites among the 20 + bikes I have owned...Winding down now, but hope to ride a few more years if my health holds up...Regards

This bike has the best feeling front end of any bike I've ever rode. Runs straight and true hands on or off the bars, does not shake or feel squirrelly ever. No wobble and carves curves with ease and firmness even while making sparks fly. Tires wear evenly and smooth. I would not change it for anything, if it ain't broke don fix it. In my 60s but plan on wearing this one out and starting on another in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Hell, I'm 20 years behind you thinking that Isleen is going to be my last bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Started riding motorcycles in the late 50's, quit for several years while college, jobless, other issues, etc. kept me away until 1973..Started again, and rode for a few years until my wife wanted me to stop while we raised our 5 kids..Got back on bikes again in 1999 (age 59) with a Valkyrie Tour and have had 6 bikes since then..The F6B is one of my favorites among the 20 + bikes I have owned...Winding down now, but hope to ride a few more years if my health holds up...Regards
    Brother, I'm planning on riding as long as you, I just think that Isleen is gonna take me there!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    My mantra when I was increasing my audio company's inventory: "buy once, cry once."
    Get the gear & performance you want when you can afford it.
    Of course your F6BX has done SO much already!
    Cheers,
    Steve

(Traxxion did have a '90 days Same As Cash' thing going on to spread out the payments...)
    All,

Today at 116,000 miles I had the $3,500 Traxxion treatment applied to the 2013, F6BX and and I'm excited about my new ride! I'm looking forward to a mountain trip but it will likely be Spring. In the mean time my first impression is limited to a brief 100 interstate miles and a little in town riding.

The interstate: The bike is so much more stable! 90 is the new 70, so to speak. If you want to know how stable my bars feel at 80 mph go sit on your scoot with the engine off, get into riding position and be real still. That's the feeling. Now I do feel the road through them, it's more road now and less bump. It's not a ride on a cloud kind of feel it's more percision. Most notably the bars, hence the bike, feels more solid and it's downright nice. I talked to Traxxion before I got home and asked if they used a tighter spec for the steering stem nut. No they use the Honda spec. They don't feel tighter at low speed. Also the bars do not feel tighter when turning side to side sitting still.

The service: I had mine done at the Traxxion headquarters in Woodstock and they treated me very well. In at 9:30 am and out at 1:45 pm. And the installer, Jacob was steady working whenever I looked in but did not seem to be racing the clock to get to the next job. It was a low pressure work environment and that gives me more confidence in the work I can't see.

The coin: A hard earned $3,500 dropped in a 5+ yr old 116,000 mile bike that's been rode hard and put up wet!?! Yep.
    No regrets here.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    All,

Today at 116,000 miles I had the $3,500 Traxxion treatment applied to the 2013, F6BX and and I'm excited about my new ride! I'm looking forward to a mountain trip but it will likely be Spring. In the mean time my first impression is limited to a brief 100 interstate miles and a little in town riding.

The interstate: The bike is so much more stable! 90 is the new 70, so to speak. If you want to know how stable my bars feel at 80 mph go sit on your scoot with the engine off, get into riding position and be real still. That's the feeling. Now I do feel the road through them, it's more road now and less bump. It's not a ride on a cloud kind of feel it's more percision. Most notably the bars, hence the bike, feels more solid and it's downright nice. I talked to Traxxion before I got home and asked if they used a tighter spec for the steering stem nut. No they use the Honda spec. They don't feel tighter at low speed. Also the bars do not feel tighter when turning side to side sitting still.

The service: I had mine done at the Traxxion headquarters in Woodstock and they treated me very well. In at 9:30 am and out at 1:45 pm. And the installer, Jacob was steady working whenever I looked in but did not seem to be racing the clock to get to the next job. It was a low pressure work environment and that gives me more confidence in the work I can't see.

The coin: A hard earned $3,500 dropped in a 5+ yr old 116,000 mile bike that's been rode hard and put up wet!?! Yep.
    No regrets here.
    That AllBalls steering head bearing set REALLY does makes a huge difference in the feel of the steering pressures and elegance of the ride, don't it?
    And yes, my 0930 appointment had me out of there by 1400. The "low pressure" work environment you speak of is true. I've had mine back there twice since the install for the 25,000 mile servicing and nothing but professionals have touched Isleen.
    Just a heads up, the servicing takes about 30 minutes longer than the install because they use your parts, re-machined and/or treated as required, rather than put in the new parts like they did today.

Glad you had a great experience and I'm looking forward to your 1000 mile usage report!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    All,

No regrets here.
    Spot on, glad you made the move. You will NOT regret it.
    Pumper

I rolled 120,000 miles today and I'm every bit as pleased with this suspension and would do it again. The machine is on rails. Precision. Responds so nice and predictable. Stability at any speed. More stability than I imagined.

Reminds me of the difference between my comfortable riding 78 Buick Estate Wagon and a later excellent handling 300 SD Mercedes. I'll roll along on my scoot now and have thoughts about going to track days. Haven't been yet. If you take the plunge watch your speedo, faster is now less noticeable. Or maybe it's more fun.

Happy riding
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

At my 12K service I had Progressive Monotubes and All Balls bearings installed, and it's a brand new bike. The front end is much 'tighter' and solid. I'm a happy camper.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    At my 12K service I had Progressive Monotubes and All Balls bearings installed, and it's a brand new bike. The front end is much 'tighter' and solid. I'm a happy camper.
    Do you mind sharing how much you paid, Draxsr?

Jason