What do you buy next?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you buy next?

What do you buy next?

Here's my predicament: wrecked/totaled my 2016 F6BD; broken thumb and scrapes and bruises; so, very luck and on the mend. F6B was best motorcycle I have ever rode. So, what would you suggest on finding another bike, or not?

Try to find another F6B? Swallow hard and try to come up with the extra cash for new Goldwing? Try another line such as BMW, etc.? Or, (the thought has crossed my mind at age 65) give up the two wheel adventures? Seem to hear of more and more "real accidents" caused by autos (such as mine/not my fault and no way to avoid).

Many of you have seen similar circumstances or have been close to someone that has....any thoughts?

ps. Still can't grip a clutch lever so riding anything at all is not imminent.

You actually said it was the best motorcycle you ever had so why change a good thing. It would be a hard decision but the only 2 in the running would be the F6B or the Wing. Don't give up something you enjoy and still can do..get the bike, smile,ride and enjoy the wind on the face.
    Good luck
    Lloyd

The next few months will be the best time to get a good deal on a good used B. There's several on our forum (scroll down) "for sale by owner." You can take all / some of your upgrades move them to your new bike. Check on the old listing too, that's were I found my great used B. Don't let age stop you, I'm 76 & ride mine often.... post some pics of your new ride....Good luck..

The new Wing is great $$$
    A leftover Valkyrie is a hell of a deal (I got one)
    Or as you said the F6B is the best bike.

I have not been involved in a wreck while riding yet so it is not fair for me to answer the question about giving up the sport. However I live out in the country and can ride around after work and not see much traffic. It's difficult to image me not owning some kind of motorcycle to cruise around on in the evenings. If you decide to keep riding I think you have to decide what kind of riding. If its just a 20 mile ride through the country in the evening just about any 2 wheeler will be fun. If you want to cruise for hours on the open road something more substantial is called for and the F6B is that. But then again there are a lot of great cruisers available and it would be fun to own them all even if it is one at a time.

Some thoughts:

What priorities will surface to take the place of motorcycling.
    Something you have been thinking about for a while.
    Something you've been doing part time, to go full time.
    This is a change that needs time to take effect.
    Winter is coming, giving you time to search you feelings.
    Motorcycling can have powerful emotions. A reck can have the same effect.
    Do The needs of the one, out weight the needs of the others.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I test rode the new Wing with DCT, and fell in love with the bike, but not the price. I got the new bike itch real bad after that, so I found an incredible deal on a 2013 BMW 1200RT to "scratch the itch". What a nice bike. Came with the BMW gps, has bluetooth, sirius, radio, cruise, ESA II, all the goodies I was wanting on the F6B. I took the RT out Sunday for about a 70 mile breakfast run. I really enjoy it, and it is different enough from the F6B to appreciate having both. When I got home I wanted to take the F6B for a quick spin just to compare the two rides (it's been raining a lot and not much riding lately). When I took off on that f6B, I appreciated it more than ever after being on another bike. It "refreshed" for me how smooth, well balanced, and easy to ride that bike is, how comfortable and powerful it is. I don't find many bikes that fit me well size wise, and the F6B is as near perfect as I have ever ridden in that regard. If I only had one bike (I also have an Ultra Limited), I would keep the F6B and it's not even close. I believe the only bike I would consider giving the F6B up for is the new Wing with DCT, and I'm not totally sure on that.

I rode the new 2018 DCT as well, but you and I arr close to the same age. I would not hesitate to buy another F6B. The new Valkyries are very tempting on price, but have very little aftermarket support for the things we all like to put on our bikes. The good thing is you are headed right into the "buyer" season for motorcycles. The DCT is nice but very expensive. To tell you the truth, I missed shifting the bike, the experience was more car like. For the money/experience would go find another F6B, like Opas I would start my search here.

I adpated to the automatic very quickly. I love love love how fast and smooth it is coming out of a stop (traffic light, stop sign, etc). In fact when I switched and got on the new Wing with a clutch I almost forgot to down shift pulling up to the first stop sign.

Well, in my world, the industry has not built my next bike yet.
    I'm planning on keeping Isleen for at least another 4 years, if not double that.
    So I'm not even seriously looking at any new bike - just test ride a few and say thank you.

Having said that, I do have a gap in my requirements though....Isleen is very good at the demos for the Advanced Rider Course but I would like something with a little more ground clearance.
    A smaller sporty bike may be in order. BMW NineT perhaps?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce