New HD move? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New HD move?

My post ==== that was for "some" HD owners ==== NOT ALL HD OWNERS.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    My post ==== that was for "some" HD owners ==== NOT ALL HD OWNERS.
    Yes, just some. I've been riding over 50 years and I think it's a maybe gotten a little better. What cracks me up is when I see a Jap truck towing a Harley on a trailer or a hardcore Harley neighbor with a driveway full of Jap cars.

I even had a Vrod for a couple years and got about the same treatment. My hardcore Harley neighbor with the driveway full of Jap cars said "DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A HARLEY" when I showed him my new Vrod.

Too funny!
    Last edited by Zteve; 10-08-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    Yes, just some. I've been riding over 50 years and I think it's a maybe gotten a little better. What cracks me up is when I see a Jap truck towing a Harley on a trailer or a hardcore Harley neighbor with a driveway full of Jap cars.

I even had a Vrod for a couple years and got about the same treatment. My hardcore Harley neighbor with the driveway full of Jap cars said "DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A HARLEY" when I showed him my new Vrod.

Too funny!
    I also laugh at the "double standard" some HD riders exhibit...Bad mouth Jap crap bikes,,,love my HD and his driveway has a Toyota truck, Nissan car, and a Kubota riding mower in the garage.....Just saying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    then turns his head to the side and spits.
    Who even does this anywhere anytime on a public street? Born and raised in a barn.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Went out for a great ride today in NE ohio.
    ALLERT! This is walnut season, be careful, their all over the road!!
    And you Harley riders, TAKE A PICTURE, it lasts longer!
    Is it just me? I like to stop at every Motorcycle dealer I see. I stopped at a Harley dealer today and all they had was used Harleys on the floor.
    I know, Its a Harley dealer! BUT,,, The some of the other metric dealers also had them. A lot of them.
    But ya know what I haven't seen much of? Used wings or B's.
    The used wings I did see were trikes that nobody would pay $20,000 for.
    Hmmmmmmm?
    Last edited by tenxxx; 10-09-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Always a good laugh when we can laugh together. I get the "why didn't you buy a Harley?" all the time. Then we joke back and forth as I mention I am not a fan of shiny vibrators, but I don't judge. They know though, I ask if they want to go for a little speed run, see how tall their gears are.

"shiny vibrators' Good one!
    My buddy was on the gas all day on his Harley the first time we rode together with my B.
    So I went around him once and thats all it took to slow him down.
    He just said WoW!
    And now our bikes are good buddies.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I've seen this sort of behaviour before. But....to be honest....it's not happened recently.

Back in the 60's and early 70's it used to be you didn't even pull into an HD dealer parking lot if you were on a metric bike. Those who did paid for their brazen behaviour....usually in the form of dents and scratches.

Back then I saw Harley guys routinely quick kick bikes over for no other reason than being metric. Most of that crap is gone these days....but every now and then, some clown still pulls it. I suspect it's usually some poser who's only been riding HD (or anything else) for about 3 months and is just putting on an act.

And....in all fairness....the guy may just have had mouthful of chew and needed to drain it. The fact you were there when he did may have just been purely coincidental.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---