New HD move?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New HD move?

New HD move?

So I'm out on the B and I pull up behind a Harley at a light. The rider has no protective gear on what so ever. Of course I'm covered from the neck down in leather with a big old white full face Shoei on top. Anyway, he looks in the rear view mirror (surprisingly steady) at me and then turns his head to the side and spits. Now this isn't the first time I've seen this. Is this some sort of "Hey non American scum bag" sign or what?

Not at all. Nope! I ride metric and might do the same thing!

Maybe he needs a lesson in B etiquette.......
    ITS ALL GOOD

He probably was spitting at all the gear you had on. I think Harley riders feel you shouldn't have on leather if you ride a bike made in Japan. Right, Wrong or indifferent.

Most likely a "typical HD ego tripper....Convinced that Harley's are the only bike on the planet and he is too stupid and ignorant to admit other bikes may be better...So many of these "idiots" out there these days!!!...No wonder their sales are down.....Regards

Maybe he just had a big ol chaw in and isn't a swallower. Lol
    2015 matte silver F6B

The light turns green and we're on this beautiful two lane blacktop that goes about 12 miles with no passing zones. He's going so slow I'm falling asleep and the cars behind me are adding up. Finally an opening, check the mirrors for cars or the law, twist the throttle, gave him a wave as I passed and he disappears in the mirror. I really wasn't going all that fast but I guess just jeans and a t-shirt tend to slow you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    The light turns green and we're on this beautiful two lane blacktop that goes about 12 miles with no passing zones. He's going so slow I'm falling asleep and the cars behind me are adding up. Finally an opening, check the mirrors for cars or the law, twist the throttle, gave him a wave as I passed and he disappears in the mirror. I really wasn't going all that fast but I guess just jeans and a t-shirt tend to slow you down.
    You are in Pennsylvania.....one of Harley's "home states."
    And yeah, I would do that all the time to Harley riders - either on Isleen or Saorla.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Ive had a few HD Riders look me over at lights. But not in a bad way. I think they know the deal.
    Wings have been around long enough to have a reputation of their own.
    The hard core HD riders just don't like to share.
    ITS ALL GOOD

It's a "MACHO / testosterone" thing.
    HD's makes you a tough bad ass, no gear, even a tougher bad ass.
    I remember hearing stories about when they used to kick over imports, beat them with bats, even set them on fire.
    I've seen them, have to have, a chase vehicle w/ a trailer, to P/U broke down HD's & haul them back home...…. a few decades ago.