New F6B owner in central NY - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New F6B owner in central NY

Quote Originally Posted by JWExperience View Post
    Thanks guys, I still cant figure out how to attach photos...I've tried from phone initially and after that failure, I sent them to my email and tried to attach from computer with no success. I swear it exists and its a really cool blue color imo.
    Hey, welcome aboard from near my neck of the woods. I bought mine about three years ago to the day, and it is about to roll over to 25,000 miles! Proof that this bike allows a seven month riding season, even up here.

I may see you around as I work halfway between Rochester and Syracuse, as well as often riding the county routes of Oswego and neighboring counties back and forth from my camp near Redfield.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The best board I've ever been a part of, no BS, very helpful people here and anything you need to know or have a problem with it's a one stop shop.
    I agree with this ... my aftermarket windscreen, installation of fog lights/running lights/turn signals, center stand, and other things I am neglecting to mention were all installed with help from this board. I give nearly all the credit to the members here for the fact that I have never had to bring my bike back to the dealer for any maintenance.

One of the best things about your new bike is how easy it is to work on! Tires, brakes, oil changes ... piece of cake (about all this machine will ever need anyway).

The only addition to my bike not endorsed by a majority on this board is the Corbin seat - which I really like - but seats are a very personal thing. Pretty much any advice you get here is valid, reliable and true. How often do you find that?!?!
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Welcome JW.
    Having lived in Central NY for a few years , you will love riding that bike on those beautiful roads this time of year. I rode up from Orlando to Cicero a couple of years ago on my HD Road Glide, but would love to do it on my B soon. No comparison in comfort and ride, and yes.....reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    Congrats. What color did you get?!
    Mine is blue, I think it’s prety sharp.
    Vstar, I bought this bike from Hollink in Spencerport and debated on taking rt31 back which is a nice ride but needed to make better time so opted for the highway.
    TP and vstar, if you’re ever in the area let me know.
    So far I’ve tried the stock shield and a baggershield on its lowest setting which is 11.5 or 12”. I def get more wind blast from the stock shield but it’s not what I would consider buffeting. With the baggershield, I notice much calmer air until about 45 then I feel the buffeting start. Above that I can feel the wind hitting the top of my helmet and on the highway it’s so bad that it blurs my vision. It’s a very rapid vibration like sensation on the hwy. I have a 12” recurve that I’ll try next and I think I have a 1-2” that I can raise the bagger shield too. I really like that height shield because I think they still stay within the lines of the bike but being 6’ tall, I wonder if I would need something taller to prevent the buffeting on the hwy.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Hey, welcome aboard from near my neck of the woods. I bought mine about three years ago to the day, and it is about to roll over to 25,000 miles! Proof that this bike allows a seven month riding season, even up here.

I may see you around as I work halfway between Rochester and Syracuse, as well as often riding the county routes of Oswego and neighboring counties back and forth from my camp near Redfield.
    My old stomping grounds. I grew up in Mexico NY and spent a lot of time riding Central NY back roads on my CB 750F. Love the area hated the winter. I usually ride up in the summer so I may run into you all some time also.

Mine is black, very black, everything is blacked out & we all know that makes it faster, much faster.

And more stealth to radar

And love bugs
    Last edited by Big TP; 10-11-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWExperience View Post
    Mine is blue, I think it’s prety sharp.
    Vstar, I bought this bike from Hollink in Spencerport and debated on taking rt31 back which is a nice ride but needed to make better time so opted for the highway.
    TP and vstar, if you’re ever in the area let me know.
    So far I’ve tried the stock shield and a baggershield on its lowest setting which is 11.5 or 12”. I def get more wind blast from the stock shield but it’s not what I would consider buffeting. With the baggershield, I notice much calmer air until about 45 then I feel the buffeting start. Above that I can feel the wind hitting the top of my helmet and on the highway it’s so bad that it blurs my vision. It’s a very rapid vibration like sensation on the hwy. I have a 12” recurve that I’ll try next and I think I have a 1-2” that I can raise the bagger shield too. I really like that height shield because I think they still stay within the lines of the bike but being 6’ tall, I wonder if I would need something taller to prevent the buffeting on the hwy.
    Hey JW, you bought the F6B I almost bought ... a blue 2015. Man, he's had that one for awhile now. That was three years ago! I took a few days to decide and went with the '13 Standard he had in stock as well. Small world!

Bill Hollink is a decent guy to deal with, OTD pricing right up front, but don't even bother haggling. Not many dealers will beat his price, anyway. The shop has some cagey vets that probably know how to work on the Wings, not some young whipper-snappers.

For the record, that heated Corbin seat came off a '13 F6B trade-in on a new Wing. How do I know this? Because I sat on it and offered to buy it! His price wasn't much different than what I bought the Corbin for new a couple of months later, even with an offer including my stock seat. Even smaller world!!

Your windscreen:

I am about your height, and I will sing the praises of the MADDstad (remove a "d" for true spelling - there's drama with that brand and this site). No buffeting, and highway noise levels equivalent to driving a car with the sunroof open.

This is the first week since May that I was not able to pull off at least one commute to work. I could probably do it tomorrow, but I only have to go 5 miles for a meeting instead of my normal 38 miles in the other direction.

I rode from camp near Redfield down 104 to Co Rt 38 to Co Rt 45, crossed the Oswego River, and CR 25 to 20 back to 104 near Ontario Orchards. Then back roads to Sodus. I swear we have some of the best, and least known, motorcycle roads in the country. I watched a video of the Tail of the Dragon and it offers nothing that we don't have. Ever ride 28N from North Creek to Minerva? WOW. Perhaps not 300 curves in 11 miles, but its close.

I'll take a ride through the Finger Lakes this weekend ... probably Sunday afternoon while listening to the Bills game.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 10-11-2018 at 06:42 PM.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    My old stomping grounds. I grew up in Mexico NY and spent a lot of time riding Central NY back roads on my CB 750F. Love the area hated the winter. I usually ride up in the summer so I may run into you all some time also.

Hey Valk, I often go right through Mexico on my way up ... my camp is 15 more miles down 104 East and up Co Rt 22. Gas at the Fastrac and groceries at Tops in town are common stops on the way through.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6