improvements - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: improvements

The Dragon has 318 curves in 11 miles we have 11 curves in 318 miles.

Yup... for a bike of its size, it handles well! I'm not sure putting a car tire on the back will "improve" handling. All my reading (and it's ALL over the Internet for ALL types of scoots) seems to point out that when initiating a turn, there is a slight amount of hesitation as the rear tire works hard to "heel over" to run on the mix of thread and sidewall. Therein is the one benefit of a conventional motorcycle tire -- "rounded" to provide a seamless transition to the outer edges of the tread. I'll leave any comments re: the safety aspects of running a CT to others who have stronger opinions (yea or nay).

Best bike out of the box I've ever owned. Bar risers, seat mod, and Traxxion upgrade and I'm in heaven. Going to try my first 1000 mile ride next Monday if Mother Nature lets me escape CO on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Best bike out of the box I've ever owned. Bar risers, seat mod, and Traxxion upgrade and I'm in heaven. Going to try my first 1000 mile ride next Monday if Mother Nature lets me escape CO on Thursday.
    1000 miles in a day on this bike is cake.
    Keep RPMs to about 3150 (~70mph) for max fuel efficiency and minimal stops.
    NASCAR pits stops help too - fuel her up, as you drink something, then empty you and away you go. 7 minutes turnaround time.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I've done a few 750+ rides on my Harleys so I'm not sweating it. 650s been my max so far on the Honda.

What do you anticipate as an average speed or the number of hours you will be riding?
    I just can not see myself riding anywhere near 1000 miles without stopping for the night. I don't even think I want to drive a car 1000 miles without stopping over night.
    Last time I drove straight through to Daytona from Indy I was beat and I was 15 years younger.

I am just amazed! More power to you.

I agree, the B handles great right out of the box. My brakes were grabby for the first 7500 miles but are way better now. I do ride aggressively, although not as aggressively as I used to. I used to ride with "irrational exuberance" before a broken leg and months on a wound vac helped me tame the "irrational" part a little bit. I ran CT's on my Valk because I felt it did improve handling, she seemed to "fall into turns" with a bike tire, at least that's how it felt to me. The CT's fixed that and held the road like cats claws in carpet. The GY TT would squall like a banshee too, which I loved.

Unless my next rear tire (will be an Avon) doesn't last long enough to suit me I won't switch to a CT on the B, I love the handling as it is. The OEM Stone has 8200 miles and will be replaced soon. I did some 950 mile days on the Valk, I'm older now and have back issues so I may never do those kind of days again, just don't know.

Went through an entire tank of gas on the valk once without ever dropping below 95 mph (closed course in my driveway if you ask), looks to me like the B could equal that in her sleep (only got 22mpg at that speed on the valk). I miss my Valk sometimes, it felt faster than my B, but I think the B maybe faster, it just does it so easy it doesn't feel as fast.

However, the Valk's top speed was somewhere way over 120 mph, even with a weeks worth of luggage and a passenger on the back. I don't think the B can equal that without a reflash. And yes, it was on a closed course in my driveway also.
    Last edited by Frye; 10-09-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

My F6b will do 125 as per the GPS before the computer stops the increase in speed. It is not redlined at 125.

Impressive. Hey Frye, There is more top end on your Valkyrie, I have one with Dyna 3000 ignition, able to turn off rev limiter, have only done it once, will never do it again unless at a closed course with a safety crew in place, lets just say 130+ wish I had a GPS on it at the time...