improvements

Thread: improvements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree, the B handles great right out of the box. My brakes were grabby for the first 7500 miles but are way better now. I do ride aggressively, although not as aggressively as I used to. I used to ride with "irrational exuberance" before a broken leg and months on a wound vac helped me tame the "irrational" part a little bit. I ran CT's on my Valk because I felt it did improve handling, she seemed to "fall into turns" with a bike tire, at least that's how it felt to me. The CT's fixed that and held the road like cats claws in carpet. The GY TT would squall like a banshee too, which I loved.

Unless my next rear tire (will be an Avon) doesn't last long enough to suit me I won't switch to a CT on the B, I love the handling as it is. The OEM Stone has 8200 miles and will be replaced soon. I did some 950 mile days on the Valk, I'm older now and have back issues so I may never do those kind of days again, just don't know.

Went through an entire tank of gas on the valk once without ever dropping below 95 mph (closed course in my driveway if you ask), looks to me like the B could equal that in her sleep (only got 22mpg at that speed on the valk). I miss my Valk sometimes, it felt faster than my B, but I think the B maybe faster, it just does it so easy it doesn't feel as fast.

However, the Valk's top speed was somewhere way over 120 mph, even with a weeks worth of luggage and a passenger on the back. I don't think the B can equal that without a reflash. And yes, it was on a closed course in my driveway also.
    Last edited by Frye; 10-09-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964