Mustang seat. after a year on it how good is it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat. after a year on it how good is it?

Mustang seat. after a year on it how good is it?

Title pretty much says it. I looking for some imput from a F6B owner with several thousand miles and if they still like the Mustang seat.

Had one for a couple years. Very nice looking seat. I found it a little hard for me and used an AirHawk pad most of the time. Sits you down a bit lower too. Great seat but not for me. Ended up with a Ultimate Mid-rider.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Title pretty much says it. I looking for some imput from a F6B owner with several thousand miles and if they still like the Mustang seat.
    Had mine for over 4 years now and no real issues...I like it because it sits me lower on the bike and with my boots I can flat foot the ground at stops...It is a little hard on longer rides, but I don't ride far these days....It is a "pain-in-the-butt" to get the side covers off, although, without taking off the seat....Regards and ride safe

That kind of feed back I am looking for. Thank You. I had a 1500 Valkyrie with Corbin on it. Hard but comfortable to me. I also had one on a 206 Wing another on a Kawasaki Concours. My problem with Corbin the right side panel has split on every seat. just under my thigh. Called and talked to a very rude lady. she told me to go buy cheap seat and hung up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    That kind of feed back I am looking for. Thank You. I had a 1500 Valkyrie with Corbin on it. Hard but comfortable to me. I also had one on a 206 Wing another on a Kawasaki Concours. My problem with Corbin the right side panel has split on every seat. just under my thigh. Called and talked to a very rude lady. she told me to go buy cheap seat and hung up.
    Too much money in the wallet in your back right pocket????

Mine has had two butts on it, (not at the same time); mine and JBM Golf's. It works fine for me, and is affordable.

Russel Day Long, is the best MC seat...……….in my opinion

Great for short rides, however after 20k it hasn't softened at all or "broke in" so it sucks on longer rides. Currently using a steel mat gel pad until I have the funds for heli bars and an RDL

Quality is good but fit is poor. Had one for awhile and went to the stock OEM. Side covers are move difficult to remove with the Mustang seat and the grab rails never attached as secure as the OEM. Pulling on the rail when using center stand made that apparent. Had all 4 bolts through and tightened evenly but never the solid connection of the stock. My advice is look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Quality is good but fit is poor. Had one for awhile and went to the stock OEM. Side covers are move difficult to remove with the Mustang seat and the grab rails never attached as secure as the OEM. Pulling on the rail when using center stand made that apparent. Had all 4 bolts through and tightened evenly but never the solid connection of the stock. My advice is look elsewhere.
    Just a side note on the grab rails..Did you replace the OEM bolts with the newer pointed after-market ones available from Value Accessories and/or WingStuff??..Install these and your problems with the seat rails go away as they are longer and 100% easier to install/remove the seat....Regards