F6B Whithout windshield

Thread: F6B Whithout windshield

F6B Whithout windshield

20220423_095904.jpgHello,
    When it's hot I just take the screen off.
    It's a lot cooler and the stereo is a lot better.
    I think it looks good too, what do you think?

I like it.

The F6B definitely looks good without a windshield, but I can't hear the stereo very well with the wind noise at highway speeds.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think the stock short shield would look better IMO. But it's your bike.
    2013 F6B in black of course

To be REALLY nit-picky...The bike looks GREAT in that picture, with the right mirror blocking the view of the open seam where the windshield should be. I'm betting is would not be as pleasing to see when looking at it from an angle that shows the opening. But definitely, it's your ride so enjoy.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I ride with a 1/2 helmet, and tshirt. Them bugs hurt if you don't have a windshield moving the air away from you. Reminds my of my old enduro days only I tend to ride faster on my F6B than I did an enduro.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Looks great! Road debris, wind noise, rain and bugs keep me from doing that though...

Really looks much different without, more then I would ever guess. I like it either way, now if we can figure a way to mount the mirrors under the handgrips like the Harley guys were doing a few years back.

20220421_155127.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    To be REALLY nit-picky...The bike looks GREAT in that picture, with the right mirror blocking the view of the open seam where the windshield should be. I'm betting is would not be as pleasing to see when looking at it from an angle that shows the opening. But definitely, it's your ride so enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by dl111 View Post
    To be REALLY-"REALLY" nit-picky...The bike looks GREAT in that picture, but if it was a completely different color...
    I do like the look. The rounded dash with the the front headlights looks like the bike is lurching forward even when it's not moving.

I would do this if it was quick and easy. I road my Honda VTX 1800R with or without a quick release Memphis Shades windshield, depending on the speeds and environment.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 04-26-2022 at 08:15 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.