Used wheels from dealer?

Thread: Used wheels from dealer?

Used wheels from dealer?

Before buying a spare rear wheel from E Bay I thought I should give my local dealer a chance. I called them to ask if they had any used wheels from trike conversions gathering dust and found out they did. I drove over to work out a deal with them and was told they are not allowed to sell used parts.

At which point I asked if they could order an Avon for me and install it on a used wheel and leave the wheel off the invoice? After a wait while it was discussed I was told they could sell me a used wheel at the same price as a new one!!!

I told them thanks anyway, I had found a bunch for way less on E Bay but just wanted to give them a chance first. Needless to say, I bought a wheel from E Bay. Although I intended to have them order and mount a new tire for me even if it cost a little more I'll probably have an independant local shop do it now.

Anybody else ran into this? Do they just not want our business?
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

I bought a used wheel from my Honda dealer.
    Doesn't make sense that they can't sell it.

I think it was just that dealer. I have bought trike take off from a couple different dealers.

I Paid $200 With a NEW Tire Mounted

I went to a great dealer that does lots of trike conversions. They had a stack of GL1800 wheels. One was brand new, with a new OEM Bridgestone. It was even black, as it came from one of the Anniversary Specials with a lots of black parts. I paid $200 for the wheel and tire.

One nice thing about GL1800 Wing wheels is that many had TPMS, so they used a different valve stem rather than the rubber ones on our F6Bs. Those wheels don't have the tab that can get in the way with some metal stems.
    Last edited by F6Dave; 10-11-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Check Dennis Kirk for AVON price.... AVON makes a MC tire just for the GW.. You might want to call AVON USA 800# (google it) to get the AVON part number, to make sure your get the GW tire. I've always got great mileage, ride, handling & service from AVON. Been using them on all my bikes since 2005.

I like the Avon's on my Valk, going to try a set on my B next, thanks for information.