Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade

Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade

Looking to upgrade my stock exhaust mufflers. Any ideas or recommendations? Not really interested in getting too loud but maybe a nice rumble. Would the bike need a computer upgrade or flash?

I personally recommend 2 Brothers, I had them on my F6B, here's a couple of videos I made.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HepKef_BalA&t=17s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGtuINTYEg
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Be careful of what you wish for. I had the Cobra Six-2-Six and the Two Bros Racing Comp S. Both proved annoying after awhile. It is a constant hum from the flat six and by no means a rumble like my previous Harleys. Kind of like the Asian cars with the aftermarket exhausts on them. If you listen to tunes, you will regret it. I sold my Cobra for the TBR and still wasn’t satisfied. Sold the TBR and went back to OEM. Radio volume went down from 24 to 15 and much happier when cruising with the silent exhaust. Plus fit and finish are superior on the OEM. T304 stainless steel canisters with chrome shields and heavy duty clamps. Everything fits like a glove. Aftermarket proved heavier with okay fit.

Good points. I do like my tunes especially since upgrading the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    Good points. I do like my tunes especially since upgrading the speakers.
    I have had the Cobra's on my F6B for almost 5 years now and the so-called "drone" is really not bothersome for me as I never listen to the radio when riding...I can see where it might bother some folks at highway speeds...If tunes are your priority over pipes, I would suggest you leave them stock...I think the "drone" is kind of like the infamous "ghost shifting"...Some have an issue, most don't.....Regards and ride safe
    Last edited by opas ride; 10-19-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I have had the Cobra's on my F6B for almost 5 years now and the so-called "drone" is really not bothersome for me as I never listen to the radio when riding...I can see where it might bother some folks at highway speeds...If tunes are your priority over pipes, I would suggest you leave them stock...Regards and ride safe....
    If you're going to go for between $600 + for exhaust then go the extra $300 and get Torq Loopz it'll eliminate the drone completely and let the bike breathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4TTUAvvqpc
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Pipes that Drone

I have 2 old Valkyries and the exhaust sound is great on both. My 2016 F6B sounds OK at idle and low speeds, but now and then at some highway speeds I notice that drone some have complained about. I had a 2013 which had the quiet pipes from the regular Wing, and I liked those better.

Why couldn't Honda have made the F6B sound more like the old 1500 Valkyries? Maybe it has something to do with the exhaust routing through the catalytic converter.

I drilled one 5/16 hole in each muffler just above the outlet with tips off. Sounded good.
    Even with tips on sounded good. With tips on, you just get the extra noise and the same flow.
    Just enough noise at speed to hear the exhaust and the radio.
    You can always patch the hole with a round metal wafer and exhaust putty.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I got a pair of RUSH from Value Accessories w/ the 2.25" baffle, they're not too loud. Lots of choices on tips, 3 choices of baffles. You can swap out baffles 2.00", 2.25" & 2.50". Fair price too. Beware, several RUSH venders sell the pipes cheaper but they don't come w/ tips. V.A. are honest & straight forward & their pipes come w/ tips.
    If you don't have torque loops, you should give serious thought to putting them on. They'll get rid of the drone. Loops are a PITA to put on.

I have had my Cobra '6 pack' for 2 years. I don't hear a drone, but can understand what people coming from a V-twin might think is a drone. It's just 4 more cylinders firing!

I have stock speakers and with the USB music I can hear clearly at 14-18 on the radio at highway speeds. Be sure to use the buttons and turn the auto volume control system on, it will slightly increase volume as your speed picks up. I have a BaggerShield windshield 11", which I look over, and can still hear the music from the speakers. I have bad hearing from my Navy days with tinnitus and still hear it.